- Version 6.0 | Release Date: 2012-07-09 | Download
Changes for 5.3.1
Resolved an issue with executing Automator Workflows in Mountain Lion
Resolved a performance issue with the Button Condition.
Notify via Growl when a timeout cancels a macro.
Fixed some memory leaks.
Fixed the SECONDS function.
Fixed a performance issue with getting the Finder's selection.
Fixed the YEAR/MONTH/DAY/DOW/HOUR/MINUTE/SECOND to be in local timezone.
Fixed some edge cases in the Hard Wrap filter.
Allow "APPLICATION" in the menu condition.
Avoid "no autorelease pool" warnings on launch of engine in Mac App Store version.
Removed "move to" logging.
Fixed Edit with TextEdit macro library entry.
Fixed short form variables with spaces or underscores in their names.
Fixed triple click action editor to actually triple click.
Fixed a case where the editor get confused when switching macros.
- Version 5.3 | Release Date: 2012-07-09 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 5.0.3 | Release Date: 2011-10-12 | Download
Changes for 5.0.3
* Improve the visibility of the clipboard HUD icons.
* Added LastApplication token.
* Updated to Growl SDK 1.2.2
* Removed a case where resolving old aliases could lock up for a long period of time.
* Removed "variables" debugging messages.
* Removed dependency on RBSplitView.
* Another attempt to fix HID crashes with wacom tablets.
* Stopped Keyboard Maestro launching (and immediately crashing) on pre-10.6.
* Resolved dragging failure after dragging an action to the Favorites category.
* Fixed a crash that could happen when the first action referenced the current macro.
* Fixed a crash that could happen with the Menu condition when there is no menu bar.
* Fixed drawing glitch in variable popup menus.
* Fixed the display of "inline text" popups in Lion to display in proper location.
Major Changes for 5.0:
* Requires 10.6 and Intel.
* Control Flow - Pause Until, If/Then/Else, While, Until, Repeat with extensive conditional tests.
* Variables - permanently stored and accessible in a variety of ways.
* Calculations - based on variables or a variety of functions.
* Library of pre-built macros.
* Undo/Redo - finally!
* Enhanced Application Switcher with Cover Flow, Force Quit, Get Info, Reveal.
* Enhanced Window Switcher with Cover Flow of Applications, window depth sorting.
* Enhanced Clipboard History with Favorites, Quick Look, Send clipboards to another Mac.
* Application Launcher as first seen in Switcher Maestro.
Control Flow & Variables & Calculations
* New Control Flow actions Pause Until, If/Then/Else, While, Until, Repeat.
* Extensive conditional tests (Application, Window, Menu, Button, Modifiers, and many more).
* Permanently stored variables containing text, or arrays of numbers.
* Prompt For User Input action with text, passwords, popup menus and checkboxes.
* Most action fields can contain calculations (eg Pause 60*Time in Minutes).
* Set Variable to Text action with tokens.
* Set Variable to Calculation action with array access.
* Search & Replace Variable action with regex and tokens.
* Use Variable action to adjust mouse, windows, applications, and more.
* Filter Variable action.
* Added Quick Look to Clipboard History and Named Clipboard Switchers.
* Added Favorites to Clipboard History.
* Send clipboards to other Macs.
* Delete Past Clipboard action.
* Search & Replace Clipboard action with regex and tokens.
* Favorites category in action list.
* Configurable timeouts for individual actions.
* Macro Revisions.
* Applications listed in Status Menu.
* Use regular expressions in menu or button name matching by prefixing with ^.
* Typed String triggers can ignore case, or remember case.
* Insert Text actions honour case of remember case typed string triggers.
* Allow triggering on "any" application activates, launches or quits.
New and Improved Actions
* Set Macro Enable action.
* Speak Text action.
* Play Sound action.
* Action to display text.
* Action to Show/Hide the global macros palette action.
* Manipulate window action can now operate on window with index N.
* Manipulate window action can now center a window at any point.
* Generalized Search Web action to allow any URL.
* Add Relaunch & Force Quit options to Quit action.
* Added "Current Application" option to Quit action.
* Open Finder Selection action optionally with a specific application.
* Add "with specific application" to Open File or Folder action.
* Add "with specific application" to Open URL action.
* Growl action uses our own HUD window if Growl is not available.
New Text Tokens
* Token for variables.
* Token for Named Clipboards.
* Tokens for Current Track name, album, artist, ratingstars, etc.
* Tokens for Current Application, Current Mouse, and Front Window details.
* Tokens for Screen Frame and System Volume.
* Tokens for Address Book Name, Email, etc.
* Tokens for Executing Macro and Macro Group name.
* Variables can be accessed or written via AppleScript
* Variables are available to Shell Scripts.
* Execute Script can store results in a variable.
* Support for AppleScript command to calculate expressions.
* Support for AppleScript command to process tokens.
* AppleScript command to reload the engine macros.
* AppleScript command to play sound.
Enhanced Application & Window Switcher & Application Launcher
* Added new Application Launcher.
* Applications listed in Status Menu (Running, Recent, Applications, Utilities).
* Added Force Quit (k twice).
* Added Get Info (i).
* Added Reveal in Finder ®.
* Added Relaunch (l). Eg k k l Force Quit & Relaunch.
* New icon badges.
* Mouse Rollover limited to when you change icons.
* Popup contextual menu in Application Switcher & Window Switcher.
* Option to disable mouse rollover in Application Switcher & Window Switcher.
* Control the opacity of Application Switcher & Window Switcher.
* Option to have Window Switcher sort by window depth.
* Allow switching through applications in Window Switcher.
* Added Cover Flow style to Application Switcher.
* Changed to using an alpha colour, removed the alpha slider, and honour the brightness.
In Detail for 5.0:
* Command-Option-Control-Shift-Click on Status Menu icon to cancel all macros.
* Support org.nspasteboard.TransientType (et al) and have the clipboard history ignore them.
* Support org.nspasteboard.AutoGeneratedType for Insert Text by Pasting.
* Up/Down arrow move clipboard selection when clipboard switcher search field is selected.
* Command-W closes palettes.
* The Recording window preserves its location.
* Import menu is properly grayed out only when it should be.
* Removed Key Repeat preference from Application/Window Switcher.
* Multiple Quick Macros would conflict because UIDs were not unique.
* Searching for Cut, Copy or Paste in the Action list would not find the actions.
* Allow the number pad keys to select duplicate macros from the duplicate macro palette.
* and more ...
- Version 4.3.2 | Release Date: 2010-08-16 | Download
Version 4.3.2 improves the look of disabled actions, adds a short delay before saving to coalesce saving and improve performance, especially when typing, removed the trailing line feed from Execute AppleScript when inserting text, removed the sorting characters "xx)" from KeyCue's display, added a configurable command for osascript (specifically to allow executing osascript and hence AppleScript plugins as 32-bit), fixed a crash in Execute Workflow/Execute AppleScript when the file has disappeared and ensure changes to the file/text popup menu in the Execute Script editor sets the modified flag.
- Version 4.3.1 | Release Date: 2010-05-16 | Download
New in 4.3.1
- Fixed a potential CPU issue when executing AppleScripts and shell scripts.
- Fixed a potential crash with Device triggers.
- Removed the reset of the front application from the InsertText macro.
- Fixed a cosmetic issue in the Execute Script action.
- Added support for naming a few more X-Key keyboard keys.
- Improved handling of negative numbers in the Move Window action.
New in 4.3
- Device triggers from modifiers, mouse buttons, and programable keyboards.
- Execute AppleScript & Shell script can insert their results by typing or pasting.
- Shell scripts no longer lock the engine up on timeouts.
- AppleScripts no longer lock the engine up.
- Added command-option-Q/L for Quit/Launch Engine.
- do script only executes a single macro.
- do script properly waits for only the macro it executes.
- Do not uppercase accented characters when displaying command keys/hot keys.
- While Running application trigger is no longer executed every time any macro changed.
- Avoid creating OLE LINK bookmarks in Word for every copy/paste.
- Default again to releasing only keys that have to be released when simulating a keystroke.
- Fixed a crash when deleting a named clipboard while it is editing the name.
- Attempt to select menus even if they are dimmed if "stop on failure" is turned off.
- Close the first duplicate macro palette before displaying a second one.
New in 4.2
- Edit macros from the Status Menu or floating palettes with the option key.
- Execute Macro action.
- MIDI triggers.
- MIDI actions for Note On, Note Off, Control Change.
- Display a palette of macros when a duplicate hot key is pressed.
- Select Menu Item action optionally cancels macro if the menu is not executed.
- Press Button action optionally cancels macro if the button is not pressed.
- Add an option to Activate Application to reopen the initial windows.
- Add an option to Activate Application to switch out, hide or quit if it is already at the front.
- Offer to email helpful tips to new users.
- Allow Typed String triggers with returns in them to work properly.
- Logging for AppleScript errors.
- Edit Macro, bring macros window to the front.
- Fixed unlocalized title of Insert Text and Set Clipboard To Text views.
- Fixed a potentially crashing bug in the Select Menu Item action editor.
- Fixed odd resorting glitch in the macros list.
- Version 4.1.1 | Release Date: 2010-03-03 | Download
[NOTE: Price is $36]
Changes in 4.1.1
Added support for editMacro AppleScript command
* Fixed a crashing bug in the Select Menu action.
* Changes in 4.1:
* In-app tutorial reminiscent of Apple Guide.
* In-app documenttion.
* Help for Macro group activation and targetting.
* Sort macros by name or trigger.
* Improved Select Menu editor to allow selecting from all * current menu items.
* Allow "or" comparisons to handle toggle menus (eg * Show|Hide).
* Allow .../elipsis comparisons for buttons (eg Print...).
* Added menu commands for various actions like Edit/Show Actions/Record.
* Added support for 01) prefixes in macro names for sorting status menus, macro paletted.
* Icons in floating palette were upside down!
* Switch back to original app on cancel of Google Search.
* Disabled Typed String triggers while entering typed string triggers.
* Disabled Typed String triggers while simulating keystrokes.
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2008-12-08 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2008-06-24 | Download
New in Keyboard Maestro 3.2:
* Macro Group options including:
** Enable contained Macros only immediately after a Hot Key press.
** Toggle contained Macros with a Hot Key press.
** Display a floating palette of contained Macros only after a Hot Key press.
** Toggle display of a floating palette of contained Macros with a Hot Key press.
** Display a floating palette of contained Macros.
* Added extensive integrated help to Macro Group Editor
* Added Quick Start integrated help to Macros Pane
* Try Now button tries only selected actions.
* Script pseudo-trigger.
* Wake trigger.
* Login trigger.
* Added Alert action with Stop/Continue dialog.
* Support Delete key in Clipboard History Switcher.
* Allow Macros without any direct triggers.
* Move Clipboard -> Insert Text action menu item to Text -> Insert Text
* Disable editing for Global Macro Group.
* Save & Restore Unix/AppleScript Results Window Size & Position.
* Save Log files in ~/Library/Log/Keyboard Maestro folder.
* Remove Macro Group "Never" - replace with Disabled.
- Version 2.1.1 | Release Date: 2007-08-20 | Download
New in 2.1.1
* Support for F17-F19 function keys.
New in 2.1
* Universal Binary.
* Support F16.
* Keep Palette on screen.
* Export Macros is enabled only if some macros are actually selected.
* Remember applications when applications relaunched.
* Fixed bug with quit/relaunched applications and menu selections.
* Allow forward or backward delete to delete in lists.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2006-08-28 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($36)