- Version 5.4.1 | Release Date: 2013-01-16 | Download
- ￼Improved compatibility with iTunes 11.
- Improved accessibility (VoiceOver support) in index window.
- Redesigned toolbar icons in index window.
- Redesigned iTunes icons for Artist, Album and Track.
- ￼Improved compatibility with SparkleShare.
- Improved Dash.app support. Selecting Dash.app and pressing Space now triggers the “Look up in Dash” action. It’s also possible to send a search string to Dash.app via Instant Send.
- ￼Instant Send can now also handle shell-escaped file paths.
- Updated ADC documentation indexer to support iOS6 and Xcode 4.5 documentation.
- Improved indexing and display of mounted volumes.
- Improved “Switch to Calculator when typing digits” preference option. It’s now possible to enter abbreviations that start with a digit (e.g. “1P” in order to select “1Password”), even when this preference option is turned on. Therefore we’ve now turned on this option, even if was explicitly turned off before (but you can turn it off again, if you really don’t want to use it, even now with its improved behavior).
- Improved “Copy Name” action. Copies all names (separated with line breaks) in case of multiple file selections.
- Improved display of an app’s recent documents.
- Improved display of working directory when entering Terminal commands.
- Improved “Assign Abbreviation” and “Show in Index” commands. These commands now properly consider the “Access items via sub-search only” option.
- During text input (e.g. when entering text argument for a script or a search template) it’s now possible to trigger spell checking with the standard Command-; shortcut.
- Improved detection of labeled email addresses during Instant Send.
- Minor calculator improvements.
- Fixes a bug in Dialectic integration.
- Fixes an issue causing iTunes’ “Go to Current Song” command to fail when playing a song via LaunchBar.
- Fixes an issue causing the “Show in iTunes” action to fail.
- Fixes an issue that caused LaunchBar not to hide after receiving a file via drag & drop.
- Version 5.4 | Release Date: 2012-11-08 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 5.2 | Release Date: 2012-04-17 | Download
New Features and Improvements
- When LaunchBar is opened via hotkey it no longer shows its own menu bar. Instead, the menu bar of the currently active application remains visible.
- Improved implementation of Instant Send.
- When a text action is invoked via Send-to or Instant Send (for example, when sending text to a search template, service or script), the text is now registered in the text input history. The text can then be accessed in a subsequent text action via Shift-Space or Shift-Return.
- Improved LaunchBar’s Recent Items list (which can be invoked with Command-B) to include folders that have been traversed via browsing, or have been used as an argument for actions such as "Open Terminal Here" (Command-T).
- New built-in action: Clear Recent Items
- When entering a web search, Command-Return can now be used to create the URL that represents the query rather than actually performing the search.
- Enhanced browsing functionality: Shift-Left can be used to show the contents of the selected item’s parent folder. This is especially useful while browsing an application’s recent documents.
- The list of available search template URL text encodings has been extended.
- Updated MacUpdate search template in the factory configuration.
- The "Append English filename" option has been re-added to LaunchBar Preferences > Advanced.
- Redesigned icons in preferences window.
Improved iCal Support
- Creating calendar entries no longer requires iCal to be running.
- When entering calendar entries it’s now possible to specify multiple alerts, separated with a blank character. Example: Meeting @ Feb 12 4d! 30m!
- The default alert time for all-day events and reminders is now 8:00 AM.
Improved iTunes Support
- Significantly improved performance of iTunes playback in case of large iTunes libraries.
- iTunes playback now also works with iCloud remote tracks and iTunes Match.
- Improved detection of classical genres in iTunes, considering localized genre names. This information is used for determining the “Primary Artist” of a track.
- Improved iTunes playback: When selecting a song from a playlist, the song is now played in the context of that playlist.
Improved Applications Indexing
- Improved indexing of installed applications. The indexer now utilizes the Spotlight index for retrieving the locations all installed applications.
- Improved indexing to include Wi-Fi Diagnostics.app in the Applications index.
- Improved indexing to find applications that are located inside Xcode’s application package.
Improved Developer Support
- Updated developer documentation indexing to work with documentation sets installed by Xcode 4.3.
- Improved developer documentation indexing. It's now possible to specify the desired platform (OS X, iOS, All Platforms).
- The developer documentation is grouped by platforms in categories (e.g. "Mac OS X Developer Guides", "iOS Reference Files", "Developer Tools Release Notes" etc.). This allows to sub-search within a particular subset of documentation files.
Improved Info.plist / NSServices browsing, showing all service names at a glance.
- Fixes an issue that could cause LaunchBar to be shown without a shadow immediately after login.
- Fixes an issue with the LaunchBar Help causing some chapters to be unaccessible.
- Fixed: Switching to LaunchBar with Command-Tab didn't open the bar.
- Fixes an issue with the placement of the LaunchBar window in fullscreen mode.
- Fixes an issue with the display of the search result list when the LaunchBar window position is at the bottom of the screen.
- Fixes a rare crash that could occur when upgrading from an older version of LaunchBar.
- Fixes an issue with address book labels containing parentheses.
- Fixes a crash that could occur while indexing the services of certain third party applications.
- Fixes an issue causing some preference panes to be displayed with a wrong icon.
- Fixes an issue causing the Messages.app beta to be still shown as iChat.app.
- Fixes an issue causing LaunchBar to appear at the wrong location with apps running in fullscreen mode.
- Addresses an issue causing the entered abbreviation to be displayed at the wrong location.
- Fixes a crash related to Services indexing.
- Fixed: In Lion, selecting Terminal.app and pressing Space didn’t offer the “Run Terminal Command” action.
- Fixed: Finder > Recent Folders browsing didn’t work in Lion.
- Fixes an issue with the playback of Best Of Lists.
- Fixes an issue when attempting to replace a file with itself.
- Fixes a rare line break issue in the large type display.
- Removed the “Play from Music Library” playback option.
- Version 5.0.3 | Release Date: 2010-10-18 | Download
* Added support for Firefox bookmark folders.
* Phone numbers are now formatted according to the âAutomatically format phone numbersâ option specified in Address Book preferences.
* Added support for phonetic first name / last name of Address Book contacts.
* Calculator: The letter âaâ can now be used as a placeholder for the most recent calculator result. For example, if you have just calculated â2 + 3â you can then enter âa * (a + 8)â to calculate â5 * (5 + 8)â.
* Added âroundâ to built-in Calculator functions. Example: round(1.225|2) results in 1.23
* Improved iTunes indexing and playback if the iTunes library contains equally named albums from different artists. Note that the âalbum artistâ must be set accordingly in iTunes, so that LaunchBar can distinguish between the different albums.
* Added âBingâ, âBing Imagesâ and âLingueeâ to factory search templates.
* Added support for browsing Apertureâs recent libraries. Select the Aperture application in LaunchBar and press Right Arrow to get the list of recent libraries.
* New AppleScript property âhas keyboard focusâ. Tells if the LaunchBar window currently has keyboard focus.
* Added âSecure Empty Trashâ action.
* Clipboard History: Improved heuristics for detection and naming of image items.
* Browsing backwards (with the left arrow key) has been improved for invisible files.
* Improved indexing of Developer Documentation.
* The currently used iTunes library is now detected more reliably.
* Sorting by modification date (which can be accomplished by browsing a collection with Command-Right Arrow) now also works with categories (e.g. PDF Documents, Numbers Documents, etc.)
* Improved indexing of Address Book labels.
* Improved âEmpty Trashâ action.
* Improved âEjectâ action.
* Improved âStart Screen Saverâ action.
* Improved âNew TextEdit Documentâ action.
* Improved Cyberduck bookmark icons.
* Improved iCal calendar indexing.
* iCal input: Improved date parsing on non-English systems.
* Improved recent documents access on Mac OS X 10.5.
* Improved German localization.
* Fixed an issue causing keypresses not to reach the active application immediately after closing LaunchBar.
* Fixed Internet Movie Database (IMDb) search template in factory configuration.
* Fixed an issue causing the âOpen Terminal hereâ action (Command-T) to fail if iTerm was selected as the preferred terminal application.
* Fixed an issue when browsing the contents of an indexing rule with the space bar.
* Fixed an issue when browsing the list of running apps backwards with the Shift key held down (e.g. Command-Shift-Space).
* Fixed an issue with recent documents of Snow Leopardâs new QuickTime Player.
* Fixed: On Mac OS X 10.6 some CoreServices apps were missing from the Applications index (Ticket Viewer.app, Certificate Assistant.app, Directory Utility.app, etc.)
* Fixed an issue when creating all-day calendar events.
* Fixed an issue with the âShow in Current Finder windowâ action.
* Fixed an issue with LaunchBarâs Help index file.
* Fixed a minor memory leak when copying images from rich text documents.
* Implemented workaround for a Mac OS X bug that caused detection of modifier taps to fail under some circumstances.
* Some internal code cleanup.
- Version 5.0.2 | Release Date: 2009-11-04 | Download
- Note: Due to a necessary change in the internal representation of service items, existing abbreviation bindings for these items are not preserved. It may be necessary to re-train (or re-assign) the affected abbreviations.
- Fixed: Services didnât work on non-English systems.
Improved Services indexing, avoiding duplicates if an application is installed twice or more.
- Fixed a memory leak during Services indexing.
- Fixed an issue causing the âopen locationâ AppleScript command to fail if invoked in the context of LaunchBar.
- Fixed an issue with âHide Dock Iconâ.
- Fixed: Due to a bug in Mac OS X some categories were labeled with an incorrect name (e.g. Preview Documents instead of PDF Documents).
- Fixed: Sending text to applications by pressing Tab didnât work with some applications and it didnât work at all on non-English systems.
- Added Wolfram Alpha search template to factory configuration.
- Version 5.0.2 | Release Date: 2009-11-01 | Download
Note: Due to a necessary change in the internal representation of service items, existing abbreviation bindings for these items are not preserved. It may be necessary to re-train (or re-assign) the affected abbreviations.
Fixed: Services didnât work on non-English systems.
Improved Services indexing, avoiding duplicates if an application is installed twice or more.
Fixed a memory leak during Services indexing.
Fixed an issue causing the âopen locationâ AppleScript command to fail if invoked in the context of LaunchBar.
Fixed an issue with âHide Dock Iconâ.
Fixed: Due to a bug in Mac OS X some categories were labeled with an incorrect name (e.g. Preview Documents instead of PDF Documents).
Fixed: Sending text to applications by pressing Tab didnât work with some applications and it didnât work at all on non-English systems.
Added Wolfram Alpha search template to factory configuration.
- Version 5.0.1 | Release Date: 2009-10-20 | Download
Fixed a rare crashing issue related to Services indexing
- Version 5.0rc4 | Release Date: 2009-08-31 | Download
This version is compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.
- Version 5.0rc3 | Release Date: 2009-06-17 | Download
- Improved Send-to support allowing to send text to a wider range of applications.
- Improved TinyURL actions, adding âhttp://â prefix if missing.
- Fixed an issue with calendar input.
- Version 5.0rc2 | Release Date: 2009-05-31 | Download
- Clipboard History ignore list to protect sensitive data copied from applications such as Keychain Access. The list can be configured in Preferences > Clipboard.
- Enhanced âdisplay in large typeâ AppleScript command: Added optional arguments âafter delayâ and âwith soundâ.
- Improved ClipMerge compatibility with third party applications.
- Improved Search in Spotlight: Search strings in double quotes are now left unchanged to allow phrase searches.
- Improved handling of URLs with fragment identifier.
- Improved âMake TinyURLâ action.
- Added âCopy as TinyURLâ action.
- The âperform actionâ AppleScript command now expects the action name parameter to be non-localized.
- Fixed: Calculator input didnât accept plus sign in exponent.
- Fixed: Changing LaunchBar's selection from within custom actions failed under some circumstances.
- Revised documentation.
- Version 5.0rc1 | Release Date: 2009-05-01 | Download
- When creating iCal events, itâs now possible to specify an alarm. If no alarm is specified, the default alarm setting of iCal preferences is applied.
- The Clipboard History can now also been used while entering text within LaunchBar, e.g. in Search Templates, Calculator, Open Location, when renaming files, etc.
- 30-day trial period.
- Additional built-in actions: Hide, Hide Others (Usage: Select app, press Tab, select action), Make TinyURL, Show Type and Creator, Copy Screenshot of Selected Area, Copy Screenshot of Selected Window.
- Improved âfile exists at destinationâ dialog: The Stop button can now be triggered with the Escape key and the Donât Replace button (which only appears when moving more than one item) with Command-D.
- Addressing an issue on Mac OS X 10.4 when opening LaunchBar automatically at login.
- Fixed: Some actions didnât display localized title during text input.
- Several other, minor bug fixes.
- Version 5 Beta 7 | Release Date: 2009-04-01 | Download
- Registration: Itâs now possible to register the software. License keys are available at http://www.obdev.at/launchbar/order.html. The built-in evaluation license expires on May 1, 2009.
- Send-to (pressing Tab) now allows to select text files to perform âAppend Textâ.
- When pasting URLs to the âOpen Locationâ field, surrounding quotes and angle brackets are now removed automatically.
- Updated search templates in factory configuration for MacUpdate and VersionTracker.
- Fixed an issue when attempting to move a folder with insufficient access permissions.
- Fixed an issue with âForce Quitâ in app switcher.
- Fixed: Moving/Copying files with a slash in their name didn't work.
- Fixed: The Replace option didnât work for âMake Aliasâ and âMake Symlinkâ actions.
- Fixed: Instant Send didnât work in Safari 4 on German systems.
- Fixed: Browsing similar URLs (by pressing the Right Arrow key) did no longer work.
- Version 5.0b6 | Release Date: 2009-02-28 | Download
- Extended set of Clipboard History default actions. Itâs now possible to choose between âCopyâ, âPasteâ and âCopy and Pasteâ, and to specify âAs Plain Textâ separately for each of these actions. Note that the corresponding preference setting from previous betas is not automatically translated to this new scheme, so you have to select your preferred default action in Preferences > Clipboard.
- Improved text input.
- The âEnter Textâ action now allows to send the entered text directly by pressing Tab (itâs no longer necessary to press Return first).
- When a text item is selected, pressing Space now allows to edit the text.
- Improved âOpen Locationâ action to ensure a URLs RFC 2396 compliance (non-ASCII characters are automatically encoded using UTF-8).
- iCal input now accepts three digit time specifiers (e.g. 530pm)
- iCal input now accepts A and P to specify a.m. and p.m.
- New optional Calculator setting: Switch to Calculator when typing â=â
- Calculator now accepts typographic math symbols such as Ã— and Ã·
- Improved stability in case of corrupted text-to-speech installation (LaunchBar sometimes crashed due to corrupted voice file in the /System/Library/Speech/Voices folder).
- Fixed an issue in app switcher. Pressing F (without any modifier keys) triggered the âForce Quitâ action.
- Fixed a performance issue with the âAdd to Party Shuffleâ action.
- Revised documentation
- Version 5.0b5 | Release Date: 2009-01-28 | Download
- The clipboard history selection is now preserved. Reopening the clipboard history now selects the previously selected history item.
- Fixed a bug causing the Mac OS X WindowServer process to slow down after turning off Clipboard History or ClipMerge.
- Version 5.0b4 | Release Date: 2009-01-27 | Download
- Firefox bookmarks and history indexing now also works while Firefox is running.
- Clipboard History > Select from history: Pressing Command-C during auto activation now copies the selected item and hides LaunchBar.
- Improved menu shortcuts in the âchoose file operationâ menu (digits instead of function keys).
- Added âRun Terminal Commandâ action.
- Added âCheck for Updatesâ command to gear wheel menu.
- The âSave Textâ action now also works in nonactivating mode.
- Text is now passed to Shell Script actions as a single argument.
- Fixed an issue with Japanese text input (pressing the space bar had no effect).
- Fixed: Search templates based on file-URLs didnât work.
- Fixed: The âCopyâ clipboard history action didnât work in beta 3.
- Fixed an issue with Clipboard History. The image transparency of screenshots was not preserved.
- Fixed an issue when dragging items onto a selected folder in LaunchBar.
- Fixed an incompatibility with Typinator.
- Fixed an incompatibility between ClipMerge and Mac OS X 10.4 causing LaunchBar to refuse any keyboard input under some circumstances.
- Version 5.0b3 | Release Date: 2009-01-01 | Download
- New Clipboard History default action: Paste as Plain Text.
- The Clipboard History action âCopy and Pasteâ has been changed to âPasteâ, so the current clipboard contents are no longer altered when pasting a clipboard history item.
- Added âSend toâ support for Clipboard History items (by pressing the Tab key).
- Reduced memory footprint of Clipboard History.
- The Clipboard preferences help button now opens the correct help page.
- Creating iCal events: Several bug fixes and improvements when entering time and date:
- The hour/minute separator (colon or dot) can now be omitted in non-ambiguous cases (e.g. Fri 0800-1030). However, itâs still necessary to enter the separator in ambiguous cases (Jan 13, 2010 vs. Jan 13, 20:10)
- Fixed an issue when entering time ranges across noon or midnight (e.g. 10-12.30pm)
- Fixed an issue when entering only weekday and time (e.g. Fri 7.30pm)
- Added âRecompress Imageâ actions.
- Fixed an issue when dragging multiple files onto LaunchBarâs Dock icon.
- Added missing German localization in software update check.
- Fixed an issue causing LaunchBar not to hide when started automatically at login.
- Fixed an issue with Instant Send / Get Finder Selection (Command-G) when there was nothing selected in Finder.
- The shortcut for âRun in Backgroundâ / âExecute in Backgroundâ has been changed from Shift-Return to Option-Return to resolve a conflict with the new âApply last entered text to selected itemâ feature, which also uses the Shift-Return shortcut.
- The âCheck Spelling While Typingâ setting of LaunchBarâs input window is now preserved across restarts.
- Fixed some issues with Asian input methods in LaunchBarâs text input field.
- The ClipMerge sound effect can now be customized by providing one or more sound files in the ~/Library/Application Support/LaunchBar/Sounds/ClipMerge folder. If this folder contains more than one sound file, the sound effect will be chosen randomly.
- Improved ClipMerge when typing Command-C-C via key repeat (when Command-C is kept pressed until ClipMerge is performed).
- The Command-Space-Space app switcher can now be cancelled with Escape while the Command key is still pressed.
- Files can now be sent to Services menu actions via âSend toâ.
- Fixed an issue causing launched applications not to become active (occurred only when running LaunchBar without a Dock icon).
- Fixed a crashing issue when invoking Entourage actions on computers not having Entourage installed.
- Fixed a rare crashing issue at startup.
- Version 5.0b2 | Release Date: 2008-12-15 | Download
- Fixed a number of issues with ClipMerge. Most notably, all incompatibilities with third party applications should now be resolved.
- ClipMerge now requires "Enable access for assistive devices" to be turned on in Universal Access Preferences.
- Fixed an issue causing Clipboard History to contain duplicate entries under some circumstances.
- The Quick Look preview panel can now be scrolled with the scroll wheel.
- Fixed an issue with Calculator causing an "Error" result at certain calculations.
- Fixed an issue with Calculator when entering numbers in exponential notation (e.g. 1e-6).
- Pressing Space now correctly performs a deep sub-search in case of indexing rules.
- Fixed an issue when moving files across volume boundaries causing the moved item not to be removed from its previous location.
- Improved error handling when moving files.
- Fixed an issue when turning LaunchBar's Dock icon on or off in Preferences > Advanced.
- Corrected keyboard shortcut of "Show Index" command shown in LaunchBar's gear wheel menu.
- Showing the correct 10.5 style folder icon in case of application folders.
- Version 5.0b1 | Release Date: 2008-12-05 | Download
- Clipboard History
- Quick Look support
- iCal support (create events and to-do items)
- Much improved, extensible Calculator
- Services indexing rule
- Lots of new and improved actions
- Much improved file operations
- Redesigned index and preferences windows.
- Fully customizable hotkeys
- Modifier Taps
- Firefox 3 support
- German localization
- Automatic software update
- Scriptable via AppleScript
- New application icon
- and much, much more...
- Version 4.3.7 | Release Date: 2008-04-06 | Download
- Fixed an issue with Firefox bookmark indexing.
- Version 4.3.6 | Release Date: 2008-04-03 | Download
- Finder Browsing: Select Finder and press Right Arrow to get a list of all folders that are currently opened in Finder.
- Improved Services support. If a service provides a return value, this value is now selected in LaunchBar.
- Improved HTML bookmark scanner: Added support for URLs relative to bookmark file.
- Improved âQuit Applicationâ, âToggle Muteâ, âiTunes - Rewindâ and âiTunes - Fast Forwardâ scripts.
- When opening the Calculator by selecting and opening the Calculator script, the previous calculation now gets selected so that it can be overridden by typing a new calculation.
- âPlay from Music Libraryâ no longer brings iTunes to front when playing a song, but starts playback in background.
- Added âStart Screen Saverâ to built-in scripts.
- Improved some icons for Leopard.
- Append Text now preserves the file's creation date.
- Added FAQ item to Help menu.
- Fixed a problem when searching the LaunchBar Help in Help Viewer.
- Fixed an issue causing Firefox history indexing to fail.
- Fixed a minor display glitch in the indexing progress window.
- Fixed an issue when showing the list of mounted volumes on Leopard.
- Version 4.3.5 | Release Date: 2008-02-20 | Download
- New Preference option âSwitch to Calculator when pasting a numeric expressionâ.
- Improved detection of pasted numeric expressions.
- Added built-in scripts: Increase Volume, Decrease Volume, Toggle Mute.
- Improved instant messaging support (Yahoo Messenger, Jabber / XMPP).
- Improved reading an application's recent documents.
- Revised search templates in factory configuration.
- Added âYahoo Videoâ and âManual Pageâ search templates to factory configuration.
- Fixed an issue causing keyboard control of the configuration window's âNewâ toolbar item to fail.
- Fixed an issue causing toolbar items to have no icon in the Customize Toolbar sheet.
- Fixed some typos in the documentation.
- Version 4.3.4 | Release Date: 2008-01-19 | Download
- When sub-searching a folder's contents via Space bar, the search is now performed recursively across all subfolder levels (provided that they are indexed by LaunchBar). In contrast, sub-searching via Right Arrow key only searches the very first folder level (same as in previous versions).
- The Files and Folders indexing rule now allows to specify folders to be skipped depending on their contents. For example, to skip all folders that contain an Xcode Project File, add //*.xcodeproj to the rule's "Skip Subfolders" list.
- Added "Quit Application" to built-in AppleScripts. Allows to quit a selected application via "Send To".
- Improved application scanner to provide access to the following CoreServices applications: Archive Utility, Installer, Network Diagnostics, Screen Sharing.
- Improved Instant Calculate to accept multiplication sign (Ã—) and division sign (Ã·).
- Improved "iTunes - Play/Pause" script to better work during playback from a separate iTunes playlist window.
- Improved fast user switching support: The User Accounts indexing rule now provides access to Leopard's guest account.
- Revised HTML syntax of help files.
- LaunchBar's file icon caches are now updated more reliably.
- Running Automator Workflows didn't work on Leopard. Fixed.
- Fixed a bug in the "New Mail Message" AppleScript.
- Address Book changes are now observed more precisely. Prevents unnecessary index updates while editing in Address Book.
- Fixed a performance issue related to arrow key browsing (most noticeable when browsing an application's recent documents).
- Fixed a crashing issue when running Calculator with Autohiding turned off.
- Slightly enhanced overall performance due to improved handling of running processes.
- UTF-8 files are now handled correctly with "Append Text" and when browsing or searching a text file's contents.
- Wrong Calculator results when using comma as decimal separator. Fixed.
- Fixed an issue when browsing the contents of the system's root folder (some hidden Unix folders wrongly showed up).
- Version 4.3.3 | Release Date: 2007-11-26 | Download
LaunchBar 4.3.3 improves compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and introduces a new Instant Calculate feature for super-fast calculations based on numbers contained in arbitrary documents. It further includes a bunch of improvements as well as a number of minor bug fixes.
New Features and Improvements
- Instant Calculate: If the text sent via Instant Send appears to be a valid calculator expression, the results are displayed automatically.
- The built-in calculator can now be utilized from external applications via URL commands (e.g.: x-launchbar:calculate?expression=(1+sqrt(5))/2&title=Golden%20Ratio).
- Improved "Files an Folders" indexing rule. The "Skip subfolders" option now allows to skip particular folders as well as folders with a matching name. It's now also possible to drag the desired folders to the list.
- Improved x-launchbar:execute URL command. The new "argument" parameter gets any necessary quoting and escaping applied automatically.
- Added "Send to" support for mailing labels.
- Added support for running "scptd" AppleScript bundles.
- Improved Calculator input on notebook keyboards: The key left from the "1" key can be used to enter a decimal separator.
- Improved auto-detection of thousand separators: In ambiguous cases (e.g. "12.000 + 3,123") LaunchBar now considers the number format as specified in System Preferences > International.
- The Autohiding of LaunchBar can now be turned off temporarily, e.g. to make the selected item a better accessible target for subsequent drag and drop operations. Click the gear wheel icon and choose "Turn Hiding Off" from the menu.
- Improved "Show in Finder" action to work around a bug in Finder.
- Improved compatibility with Safari 3.
- Improved file icon caching.
- Improved sending URLs to applications via "Send to".
- Different types of OmniOutliner documents are now grouped in a single category.
- The "Send to LaunchBar" services menu shortcut has been changed to Command-Shift-F1 to prevent conflicts with some third party applications.
- The "Hide Classic Applications with Command-H" and "Hide Others with Command-Option-H" options have been removed.
Improved Leopard Compatibility
- The appearance of the LaunchBar window has been slightly adjusted to better match the new look of Leopard.
- Developer Documentation index scanner updated for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Dock index scanner updated for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Improved compatibility with Time Machine.
- Fixed "Recent Projects" browsing for Xcode 3.
- Fixed a crashing issue with the Sherlock indexing rule on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Fixed an incompatibility of the "New Mail Message" script with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- LaunchBar now properly considers the system's generic folder icon.
- Fixed an issue with Calculator's auto-detection of thousand separators.
- Fixed an issue causing Calculator to fail with some Asian keyboard layouts.
- Typing fn-period no longer hides LaunchBar.
- Accidental attempts to move the home folder to the trash are now prevented.
- When placing the bar at the bottom of the screen, there's no longer a one pixel gap below the bar.
- Fixed an issue causing Instant Send to stop working when opening System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse.
- Fixed an issue causing LaunchBar sometimes to become active after quitting other applications.
- Fixed an issue sometimes causing the fade in/out animation to jerk.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused "Look Up in Dictionary" to fail if Dictionary.app wasn't yet running.
- Fixed an issue when playing a disabled iTunes track in "Play from Album" mode.
- Fixed an issue with the iPhoto Library index scanner.
- Version 4.3.2 | Release Date: 2007-08-08 | Download
- Smart Calculator Input: Square brackets can be entered as an alternative to parentheses. The Equals sign can be typed to enter '+'. A lowercase 'x' can be used for multiplications. In some cases the multiplication operator can be omitted at all, for example in "17(3+5)" or "2pi".
- Smart Brackets: Calculator automatically inserts closing brackets if appropriate. Entering a bracket puts selected text in brackets instead of replacing it. Smart Brackets can be turned off in LaunchBar preferences.
- Improved application switcher: Press Command-H to hide the selected application, press Command-Option-F to force quit the selected application.
- Improved mounted volumes ordering: removable media (CDs, DVDs, mounted disk images) are now listed above other ejectable volumes.
- New preference option: "Convert filename extension to lowercase when renaming a file".
- New preference option: "Append English filename if different from localized name". Users with a non-English language preference can use this option to search for applications by their English name (e.g. "Preview" instead of "Vorschau").
- Opening x-launchbar search templates (Large Type, Go to, etc.) with Return now always triggers "Enter Text", regardless of the preference setting for opening search templates.
- Revised documentation for application switcher and Calculator.
- Fixed an issue causing abbreviations that didn't yield a search result to be turned into text items.
- Fixed an issue causing the first name / last name preference of Address Book not being considered in contact details.
- Fixed an issue related to browsing recent documents of BBEdit.
- Fixed an issue in Calculator with results close to zero.
- Fixed an issue with Calculator, which wrongly removed surrounding parentheses from expressions.
- Improved compatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
- Version 4.3.1 | Release Date: 2007-08-05 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 4.3 | Release Date: 2007-07-26 | Download
Instant Open / Opening Items
Instant Send / Send toâ¦
Selecting Items, Searching for items
Improved iTunes Support
Address Book, Contact Items
Built in AppleScripts
Other New Features and Improvements
- Version 4.1.1 | Release Date: 2006-07-10 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (â¬24)