- Version r142-3.0.6 | Release Date: 2009-05-10 | Download
What's New in mlbackup 128-r3.0.6?
Scope: rsync updated to 3.0.6, minor improvement
The package and command line installer now try to fix the broken postfix queue system on Mac OS X. If you're installing mlbackup on Mac OS X Server postfix is never touched!
Mail notifications should now be more reliably sent when mlbackup is called by launchd.
rsync 3.0.6 has a bug where creation dates and times are not preserved on intel x86 in 64 bit mode. Since 32bit mode works fine in 32 and 64bit intel processors I've removed the 64bit (x86_64) compile for now. PPCs and intel 32bit are not affected by this. This is tracked in rsync Bugzilla under the ID: 6276
rsync 3.0.6 is included as a 3-way universal binary. To see what is new in rsync, please visit: http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-3.0.6-NEWS
This file is also included in the rsync sources folder.
- Version r125-3.0.5 | Release Date: 2009-04-19 | Download
mlbackup will now always mention the duration of a backup in the notification email.
Worked around a bug in rsync 3.0.5 that only occurs on intel Macs in 64bit mode!
Some minor fixes in the README.txt and packaging.
This update is recommended for all users of mlbackup!
Requires Mac OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.x
- Version r115-3.0.5 | Release Date: 2008-09-30 | Download
- Added the missing install instructions for the new rsync 3 package installer.
- Corrected outdated information in the README file regarding ACLs and Finder/Spotlight comments. They are in fact correctly backed up since r88.
- Added commenting to the sample configuration for those using mlbackup with a broken postfix setup.
- Fixed a bug that occurred when you used spaces in the set name (MLbackupName) Thanks to Julius Zeidler for reporting this one.
- rsync 3.0.4 is now included. To see what is new in rsync, please see the rsync 3.0.4 release notes at ttp://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/src/rsync-3.0.4-NEWS .
- Version r88 | Release Date: 2008-08-28 | Download
Now with 88% more metadata!
Developer is requesting feedback from users!
NEW in r88:
Comes with optimized rsync 3 four-way universal binary (PPC/intel, 32/64bit)
Even faster than mlbackup r75
Passes all backup-bouncer tests
New and super easy to use standard package installer
Bugs FIXED in r88:
setfcomment bug if setfcomment wasn't installed
setlabel bug if setlabel wasn't installed
"green" bug if setlabel wasn't installed
Very rare occurring "head" bug resolved
Subversion working copies are correctly transferred now
Improved in r88:
Recognition of reference backups for increments is now absolutely exact.
Mac OS X 10.4.9 or higher, including Leopard
Mac OS X Server 10.4.9 or higher, including Leopard Server
Automated remote backups require ssh with host-key authentication.
Configuration via textfile, there is no GUI on purpose
If you want to use mlbackup r75 and r88 in parallel, you manually need to rename /usr/local/bin/mlbackup before installing mlbackup-r88. Included rsync 3 does not conflict with Apple provided rsync.
Licensed under GPLv3, All sources included in the download.
- Version r75 | Release Date: 2008-08-13 | Download
- No changes specified