- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2013-12-11 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0
Version 2.0 is a big update after a long delay. Thank you for your support of Moonlight Mahjong! It continues to be a popular app. The author will try to keep updates coming at a more regular, if measured, pace alongside the iOS version and his other project, Midnight Planets. Here are the changes for this version:
â¢ New standard tile art replaces âEngraved Marbleâ as the default: The new standard tile art uses a much cleaner, subtler tile texture, which makes the tile details stand out clearly. This is combined with specular lighting and engraved detail for realism.
â¢ Completely reworked physics engine: Movement is more responsive and precise, and includes momentum and boundary effects.
â¢ Redesigned game dialogs, in keeping with the iOS 7 version.
â¢ Most game options may now be accessed through the gear icon at the bottom right of the main view, similar to the iOS version. Some less frequently used options are only available through the standard menu bar at the top of the screen.
â¢ You can now load custom layouts from the Moonlight Mahjong Layouts blog: http://moonlightmahjong.blogspot.com. Follow Moonlight Mahjong on Facebook for notices: https://www.facebook.com/MoonlightMahjong. (It is not yet possible to create new layouts in the Mac version. It is on the list of things to do.)
â¢ Improved help documentation: The documentation is now a single page, which is easier to browse and navigate.
â¢ Improved Alphabet tileset using the Helvetica Neue font, with tile texture and engraved detail.
â¢ Using the Night Tiles tileset now darkens the background, for better use at night.
â¢ Reworked application icon.
â¢ Many miscellaneous bug fixes and minor improvements.
â¢ Mac OS X 10.8 âMountain Lionâ or later is now required. The state of the art in iOS and Mac OS X programming has advanced in the time Moonlight Mahjong has been around, and it is important for a number of reasons to try to keep up. So, behind the scenes, the programming code has been cleaned up extensively, requiring the later OS version.
If you have an interest in space and particularly in Mars Rovers, check out Midnight Martianâs other Mac app: Midnight Planets, in the Reference section.
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2012-07-07 | Download
What's New in Version 1.1
- Support for high resolution graphics on the MacBook Pro with Retina Display.
- Proper full screen support on OS X 10.7 "Lion" and later.
- When you lose in Scramble mode, the "Try Again" button goes back only 5 levels, instead of all the way back to level 1 (assuming you made it past level 6).
- The "Lion Scramble" and "Dragon Scramble" game modes are replaced by "New Game - Level 10" and "New Game - Level 20" menu options, once you've reached 100,000 and 300,000 points in Scramble mode. This amounts to the same functionality as before, but is perhaps clearer.
- A "New Game - Level 30" menu option is enabled once you've scored 600,000 points in Scramble mode.
- You can now use the space bar to quickly pause or unpause game.
- Added an option in Preferences to turn off free tile highlighting, for those who have asked. You are encouraged to keep tile hightlighting turned on; it is part of the game.
- Fixed an issue where the app would crash on startup if certain system fonts were disabled.
- Support for OS X Sandbox security.
- Version 1.0.0 | Release Date: 2012-02-20 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2012-02-19 | Download
- No changes specified