Licence: Shareware ($29)
- Version 2.2.1 | Release Date: 2007-10-16 | Download
- Comments for new notes are now empty.
- Tag browser resets when a new note is made.
- The demo period now resets for unregistered users of older versions.
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2007-10-12 | Download
- Notes can be set as templates and inserted into other notes via a contextual menu.
- Added the ability to automatically save a document when closed.
- The search field can now match partial tag names in both All and Tag modes.
- Contextual menus on table and text area for actions such as duplicate and export as well as the setting of many note attributes, including locked status, adding and removing tags, and template status.
- Added a preference for displaying the open document selector when no documents are open.
- Copy Note as HTML is more reliable.
- Spotlight index is now more comprehensive and reliable. Documents will be reindexed when opened and the new index written out when the document is saved again.
- Resolved potential crash when fetching web pages.
- Focus now goes to the text area when switching notes.
- Note header now reliably disables its fields when appropriate.
- Escape properly ends editing of items in the table view now.
- Info palette now properly saves changes if it is closed without moving out of the field being edited.
- Tags can be dragged from the tags palette to the note header's tag field now.
- Table properly rejects files that are not importable.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2007-07-17 | Download
- Complete AppleScript support for note and tag creation, data access and editing, and import/export.
- Resizable Tag Browser area.
- New URL downloading system allows for queued imports of many URLs at once.
- More robust note display system means that one Web Note failing to load will no longer cause other Web Notes to not display in the document.
- More reliable handling of invalid selection metadata; notes will no longer occasionally not display.
- Tag Browser now updates live as tags are created and assigned.
- URLs dragged from Safari are properly titled with the name used in Safari for the URL.
- The font menu handles corrupt fonts and font caches more robustly.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2007-02-22 | Download
- Quick Note window gains keyboard input when activated
- Resolved issue where importing folders would only import one file from each folder
- Resolved issue with unsaved documents blocking quitting from expired demos
- Documents remember the last selected note and automatically select it on open
- The Insert > Link, Table, and List menu items now have shortcuts
- Added URL highlighting and activation to text notes
- Updated German translation
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2007-02-19 | Download
- Resolved issue where creating a lot of tags could make documents unsavable.
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-01-31 | Download
- Notes edited in Full Screen Mode are now properly saved even if live word count is turned off.
- Importing HTML files now more reliably creates Web notes.
- Imported HTML files now include media relatively referenced on the local disk, such as saved pages from Firefox using its "Web Page, complete" mode.
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2007-01-30 | Download
- Supports multiple note types, including rich text, PDF (read-only), and Web Archive (read-only).
- Exports to iPod as textual notes, even to multiple iPods at once.
- Full-screen editing mode.
- Tags browser makes it <i>much</i> easier to find notes without searching.
- Note header makes editing tags and renaming much easier.
- System-wide shortcuts to activate Notae and optionally prepare a new note for entry.
- Quick Entry window (with an SWS) to add one-off notes or have a little scratch pad.
- Imports Web Archive, URLs, and HTML files on-disk as web notes.
- Imports PDF files on-disk as PDF notes.
- Imports text clippings as text notes.
- New option to do nothing at startup.
- Complete Unified appearance. Pinstripes are dead.
- When the system's locale is set to use Metric, metric byte units are used for display.
- Search now has an optional "exact phrase" mode in the search menu.
- Dragging a tag from the tag list to a selected note in the notes list will add the tag to every selected note.
- Note header changes color to denote first responder status; uses user-set highlight colors.
- Tag and Info panels now have a background color to remove the pinstripes.
- Info panel design cleanup
- Date column now reduces the format of the date and time depending on column width, like the Finder and Mail
- Notae can import text clipping files as text notes
- Notae can import web location files as web archives (drag a URL to the desktop to create one)
- Version 1.2.2 | Release Date: 2006-10-04 | Download
- Resolved problem where Notae would fail to quit if there was a note with unsaved changes and the cursor was in the text field (credit to <a href="http://www.liquidx.net/blog/2006/04/14/quitting-core-data-app-editing/">Alastair Tse</a> on that one)
- Adding/removing a highlight or strikethrough now properly commits that change if that was the only one made to the note
- Support for promotional serial numbers
- Version 1.2.1 | Release Date: 2006-09-26 | Download
- Lock/Unlock works with multiple selections again
- Autoname works properly with new or updated notes again
- Locking a note protects it from being deleted now. A single locked note in a selection will prevent the entire delete operation. All you get is a beep at this point; I tried a dialog but that got annoying real fast. So if a delete gives you a beep, something's locked. Now that batch unlocking works, that should be a lot easier to resolve.
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2006-09-18 | Download
- AppleScript support. Most things are read-only, but the name, comment, and locked flag can be changed. I'm working on the rest.
- Sub-windows for notes. Just press enter in the table view and a TextEdit-like window will appear for all selected notes. Don't edit in both the floating window and the main window; the last one to commit wins.
- Export to plain text, RTF, RTFD, XHTML, Word, and WordML.
- The "Untitled" tag issue has been resolved.
- Links now have a hand cursor when hovering.
- Column widths are retained along with positions now.
- Creating new notes when a search is ongoing now properly clears the search and shows all notes, including the new one.
- Significantly less memory usage.
- Memory leaks plugged.
- Creating new items from URLs can cause a crash on some pages. This has been reported to Apple as the crash is within their frameworks. A new method is in the works but is not ready yet.
- The HTML exported is generated, not the HTML used to create a downloaded page. Notae 2.0 will resolve that handily.
- Version 1.1.1 | Release Date: 2006-07-23 | Download
- Added German localization
- Added Italian localization
- Added Traditional Chinese localization
- If no autosave time was set, bad things happened. Now defaults to 10 minutes and bad things don't happen.
- Multiple note deletion was completely broken in 1.1. Fixed.
- If you change a note before deleting it, uncommitted changes are committed properly so undo will restore the recent changes. Also known as: it works like you'd expect now.
- Version 1.1 | Release Date: 2006-07-18 | Download
- Many settings are now remembered per-document, like sort order and split view orientation/size
- Added column add/removal
- Support for dragging files and folders into and out of notes
- Files and folders can be dragged into the notes list to trigger an import
- Notae's system service now recognizes files and folders and will initiate an import of selected Finder items when run
- Search terms are now highlighted when the resulting notes are selected
- When all documents close, the document selector will appear
- Added rename panel as an alternative to auto-name
- Search is now word-based and not phrase-based
- Fixed an auto-save crasher
- More reliable saving of note selections and cursor position per note
- Recognizes "HTM" and "LOG" as importable extensions now
- Changing the selection no longer dirties the document's save status
- Resolved issue where newly-opened documents would appear dirty once you moved the cursor
- Version 1.0.4 | Release Date: 2006-07-09 | Download
- Resolved startup crash when no preference file existed.
- Resolved focus issue with new notes (really).
- Resolved certain cases where the default font would not be applied.
- Ruler defaults to on for new users (old users press CMD-CTL-R).