- Version 2.1.3 | Release Date: 2013-12-30 | Download
Version 2.1.3 - Build 199
- Fixes some problems new to OS X Mavericks.
- Misc minor tweaks.
- Version 2.1.0 | Release Date: 2012-11-28 | Download
This is a big release with important changes!
View options are now per page, instead of a single set of settings for all grid pages. This lets you have nice big juicy icons for applications on the first page, while being able to fit far more files on a second page with smaller icons.
New Grid Layout Model
In past versions grid spacing defined the space between grid points (where icons would "snap" to) regardless of the icon size and label position, easily resulting in overlapping items. Now, in version 2.1 the grid spacing is defined to be the padding between items, so the grid spacing automatically resizes to fit the icon size and other layout settings.
Arrange By — Auto-layout
By popular demand, new in 2.1 is the ability to specify that a grid page's files be automatically arranged by Name, Kind, Application, Date Modified, etc.
- Per-page grid options available via the View Options panel in the Action and contextual menus.
- New grid layout model to prevent icon overlaps.
- Keep items arranged by Name, Kind, Application, Date Modified, etc just like in Finder.
- Added Clean Up By and Clean Up Selection.
- The Action menu button is now always visible, and is also available as a contextual menu.
- You can now switch between pages while dragging files by dragging near the left and right edges of the screen.
- Dropping a file into a folder with a file of the same name will now ask and offer to replace the file.
- Swiping between pages is fixed and more consistent on 10.7 and 10.8.
- Fixed cases where changing a view option would not immediately redraw the grid page correctly.
- When renaming a grid page, the menu item in the Pages menu is always renamed too.
- When items change outside of QuickPick (they are deleted, renamed, or their label is changed), QuickPick now takes note of those changes.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2011-04-18 | Download
- File names can span two lines, and the second line truncates. The width of the name is the width of a single grid space (no longer related to icon size).
- You can give a file a shorter nickname. (Right-click, choose Rename.) This doesn't affect the file name on the file system.
- Option-Click launches items in the background without deactivating QuickPick.
- Added the Action menu button next to the show/hide page dock button so that the important menu items are available to the mouse when QuickPick is hidden from the system Dock.
- Covers the menu bar when the QuickPick icon is hidden from the Dock. â” Mac OS X doesn't allow hiding the menubar and still showing the Dock, so this is the only solution to prevent confusion seeing the menubar for another application (ie Safari) when QuickPick is active.
- Added a help guide in place of the movie
- Added an Add Itemsâ¦ menu item to the Pages menu (and Action menu)
- Type-to-select now allows partial matches against the beginning of all words in an item's name instead of just the beginning of the name. In other words, you can now search for "Utility" to match "Disk Utility"
- Reversed horizontal "scroll wheel" behavior so that on a magic mouse or touch pad, it's more like iOS flick.
- Desktop-like rubberband selection where it toggles selection of items not always only selects
- The Finder file label menu is now a menu more like Finder, and uses the labels from Finder's preferences.
- Fixes problem with a background image sometimes not working. (The user has to be using auto-rotating backgrounds, and the last manually selected desktop image no longer exists. Apple bug.)
- If the manually-selected system desktop background image changes, QuickPick will change its background.
- With show/hide animation off, items properly launch in the foreground and QuickPick deactivates again
- Moves the page dock reveal button over to the right if it needs to so it won't be covered by the Dock.
- Right-click now always correctly clicks on the item under the mouse.
- Added blur and darkening options for the background image
- Added optional page indicator dots
- Added two small buttons (Quit and Prefs) in the top right corner of the screen when hidden from the Dock and the menubar.
- Added a small "dead zone" at the start of dragging an item (like Finder)
- Won't reveal when hitting the screen corner if the display is "captured" by another fullscreen app (like Starcraft 2)
- Plugged a substantial memory leak (only occurred when show/hide animation was turned on).
- Applications launched by QuickPick never launch behind other apps
- Should address mysterious problems with hiding from the Dock not working for some users.
- Cannot accidentally drop an application onto itself
- When the screen resolution changes, QuickPick resizes the window to fit the new display size. (Item positions remain unchanged. Further work yet to come.)
- Fixed a bug where item names were incorrectly displayed during the show/hide animation when they shouldn't
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2011-01-20 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo