- Version 9.06 | Release Date: 2008-01-07 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 9.06 | Release Date: 2007-11-14 | Download
New Features in Reunion 9.06
1. .Mac and iDisk integration. When you create a report, look for "iDisk" in the Destination popup menu.
2. Ability to create a movie file of a slideshow.
3. New slideshow preferences: background color, drop shadow/size/color, text colors, bold text, more transitions, and a sample preview.
4. New editing options for slideshow items...
* edit the name and description of a slide directly in the slideshow list
* insert a text-only slide
* images can be dragged to the slideshow list from the Finder, iPhoto, and family card.
5. Automatically open your family file - When you open Reunion, the most recent family file with which you were working will automatically open. This is a new global option in Reunion Preferences / Startup which is turned ON by default.
6. New Treetops Report button.
7. In Found Lists, you can now save a default setup (column and sort settings) that will apply to new found lists. Defaults for lists of people and couples are saved separately. To do this, open or create a found list and setup the columns/sorting the way you desire. Then choose Save Default Column & Sort Setup from the Found Lists popup menu.
8. Enhanced sorting in lists - when sorting lists of couples and when sorting family group sheets, a new "Last Name, First Name" sorting preset appears in the Sort popup menu (Note: this only appears in new family files). Also added "First & Mid Name" a sort field option which appears when you click the title of a column in a list (This appears for all family files).
9. Use of abbreviations in chart boxes has been enhanced. If there is no "short" abbreviation for a field name (in the field preferences), then no delimiter is added. If the short abbreviation ends with punctuation, the delimiter will be a space character. This change provides the ability to have chart boxes without field names or abbreviations, in addition to using your own special punctuation.
10. Added Unique ID to text file import and export.
Changes for Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5) in Reunion 9.06
* Fixed an updating problem with the toolbar that caused fluttering tools.
* Tab key behavior restored in Index window, Edit Person/Family windows, Found Lists.
* Fixed a crash with File -> Save a Copy while children are appearing in the list mode on the family card.
* Improved support of iPhoto library when clicking the Add (+) button in the Multimedia window.
* Fixed sticky menus (cases where the menu title would remain highlighted).
* Fixed a problem where opening/closing the Manual window could lead to a crash when Command clicking the toolbar button (located at the very top-right of the Manual window).
* Restored the on-screen appearance of the chart (behind the Print window) while printing.
* Improved the appearance of the text "xxx marked people" (in green) at the bottom of the family card window.
* Fixed a problem where the Add Source pull down menu (in the Edit Person/Family windows) would go blank sometimes.
Other changes and fixes in Reunion 9.06
* Back button - fixed a problem with backtracking when using the Back button and the Sibling popup menu in certain sequences.
* Bookmarks menu - fixed a problem where random items would become disabled in the menu.
* Charts - fixed a problem with connecting lines disconnecting when deleting text from boxes.
* Charts - fixed a problem with the cursor when deleting all text inside a text box.
* Charts - fixed a problem with stacking of multiple pictures in box after redrawing a chart.
* Charts - fixed a problem with the Add Box command and Undo of same.
* Charts - fixed a problem with waterfall descendant charts and the Number Pages button (in Page Setup).
* Charts - fixed appearance of non-solid lines in chart objects and connecting lines.
* Charts - in the Finder, when choosing File -> Get Info for chart files, the Created and Modified dates are differentiated.
* Charts - page breaks have been moved "behind" all other objects.
* Charts - page breaks on screen no longer drift on charts with a large number of pages in one direction.
* Charts - removed extra space in boxes between place abbreviation and place name in certain situations.
* Charts - tweaked the tool tips for tool panel buttons.
* Charts - fixed a problem where using the "Update From Family File" would not maintain the current text font, size and color in a box.
* Citation details in note fields - fixed a problem relating to the character limit of the detail field.
* Cross Platform - Person Sheet & Family Group Sheets were not sorting properly when the family file wasn't native.
* Cross Platform - two preferences in the Web Preferences / Sources window were changing when moving across platforms.
* Cross Platform - Web Preferences / Options / Contact Info, mailing address, letters of first word were being reversed.
* Deleting Fields - added warning when attempting to delete a field after using the Usage button and then returning to the Person or Family sections of the Field Preferences window.
* Descendant Reports & Charts - when spouses are not included, redundant entries of descendants who had multiple spouses will not appear in reports. This was a problem only in cases where a descendant had multiple spouses AND he did not have children with the second spouse AND the report layout (Name Setup) did NOT include spouses.
* Descendant Chart - fixed a crash when editing a descendant chart after selecting a box, selecting all text, using the Backspace key, followed by the Enter key.
* Edit Parents window & Edit Spouses window - the Go button (and double clicking a line) work properly now.
* Edit Person window - changes to the name would not enable the Save button if the first character typed was a quote.
* Edit Source / Source Fields - tab key behavior improved.
* Edit Source / Source Fields window - improved ease of deleting selected fields.
* Edit Source window - fixed a problem when 2 family files are open.
* Edit Source window - added spell checking to the Edit menu.
* Family Card - fixed a problem when using Page Up/Down to navigate to family cards.
* Family Card, Back & Forward buttons - better click and hold compatibility with Wacom tablet users.
* Family File, Get Info - added the ability to report OS X sub-versions above 10.x.9
* Family Group Sheets - fixed a problem creating family-based sorts of sheets.
* Field Preferences - pressing the Delete key when the Delete button is disabled no longer deletes the selected field.
* Field Preferences / Usage list - deleted fields no longer appear in the field usage report as "Invalid Fields."
* Find Anything - removed the "Has Citation" item from second popup menu when searching for changed date of people, couples, and mailing addresses.
* Found Lists - fixed a crash with multiple Found List windows open simultaneously and a crash when pressing command - M with a found list open.
* GEDCOM - fixed some problems with ANSEL support in GEDCOM Import & Export.
* GEDCOM - fixed tag for event "Blessing" in new family files.
* GEDCOM Import - fixed a problem while analyzing file when the VERS line had no value.
* Import Family File - fixed a problem importing source records caused by an empty source record in the destination file.
* Import Text File - fixed a problem with certain variations of UTF-16 text files.
* Index - fixed a crash when re-sorting the Index after changing data directly in the list.
* Index - married names are properly updated in the Index.
* Index - selection and filtering are retained if the Index button is clicked and the Index is already open.
* Index - when adding children and parents from the Index, the default surname in the search box applies the prefix name setting in Index Preferences.
* Info windows - renamed to better distinguish between the family file and chart info windows.
* LDS Ordinances window - several improvements and fixes.
* Log - The Log window will now remember the currently selected log when there is more than one log in the list of logs.
* Manual - added "Use selection for Find" to the Manual menu in the menu bar.
* Manual - will work properly if there is a bullet (option-8) in the Reunion application file path.
* Marking - marked status of people is properly updated in all windows when found lists and index windows are open simultaneously.
* Memos - fixed a problem printing long memos in person sheets and family group sheets. Added support for printing multi-line memos.
* Menus - fixed menu refreshing after opening certain windows, followed by opening a manual window.
* Menus - fixed a problem with the menu bar not refreshing after opening the GEDCOM export window and then clicking Cancel.
* Menus - the Edit Parents menu items are disabled if there are no parents.
* Menus - the item Window -> Previous Lists -> Source Usage is properly enabled when any window is in front.
* Multimedia - dragging movies into the Multimedia window / Thumbnails would sometimes display a white box instead of the poster frame for the movie. NOTE: QuickTime 7.2 is required for Intel Mac users.
* Multimedia Preferences / Locations / Repair button - fixed a problem removing similar, but not redundant, paths from the list.
* Multimedia - fixed a rare crash when searching for pictures in the iPhoto library.
* Notes - adding citations no longer replaces any selected text (or selected citation) in a note field.
* Notes - fixed an obscure problem with cutting and pasting text in note fields.
* Numbering - fixed a problem when using the "legal" numbering system with the Change -> Numbering feature. Intel only.
* Page Setup - settings for binding margins are retained between sessions.
* Person Sheets - corrected a problem when using custom sorts.
* Perspective Events - file name extension of Perspective Event sets is no longer case sensitive.
* Print Preview - Arrow keys, Page Up, Page Down, Home, and End can be used to change pages.
* Quitting - fixed crash when quitting Reunion with two family files open.
* Quitting - fixed a problem when quitting Reunion or when closing a family file when an Edit Source window with unsaved changes is still open.
* Recent Found List - Cmd-R now opens the most recent found list, whether or not the list was saved.
* Register Report - fixed a problem with tab placements in RTF files (relating to indentation of notes for children).
* Register Report - If data was entered and later removed in the death event field for a child, they are no longer labeled dead in the report if the Register Report Layout / "Birth & death dates for children" setting is "Narrative."
* Reports - fixed a problem with reports going to MS Word when the RTF option to "insert index codes" is enabled and names included diacritical marks and/or quotes.
* Reports - made a change to avoid a problem with some word processors when non-printable characters appeared in a data field.
* Reports - corrected some formatting issues for citations in notes.
* Shortcuts - some letter-key shortcuts are now case-sensitive (as in R8) which fixes a problem adding people via shortcuts.
* Slideshows - items dragged into an open Multimedia window are included in a slideshow prior to closing the window.
* Source List window - search box selection behavior improved.
* Source List window - the last 5 items in the Window -> Previous Lists submenu are properly enabled when appropriate.
* Source Usage window - now remembers its column setup for new searches.
* Speed Names - can now be turned off.
* Undo - support for Undo added when using arrow keys for speed names.
* View Preferences - window will open with a greater height to better display fields in a view.
* Web output - sensitive multimedia items in source records are properly included/excluded based on the setting in the Privacy & Sensitivity Preferences / Sensitivity.
* Web output - fixed a problem with URLs in source fields ending with a period.
* Web output - movies on media pages larger than 511 pixels in either direction are no longer cropped.
* Web output - multimedia files were not included in source records above the number specified in the Web Preferences/Sources/"Sources per page" setting.
* Web output - multimedia in Sources tweaked for better compatibility with Firefox and Safari.
* Web output - tweaked the placement of surnames on TOC page in the Olive style.
* Web output - tweaked the field placement on person sheets for the Olive style.
* Web output - tweaked the 'lp_coverpage_standard1.css' and 'lp_webcards_standard1.css' files. This should provide better compatibility with MSIE 6.
* Web output - some extended characters have been added to the ISO 8859-1 character set.
* Web output, web family cards - fixed a problem with missing camera icon for family web media pages when the privacy filter engaged for a living couple.
- Version 9.04 | Release Date: 2007-05-01 | Download
* Index performance - The Index opens much faster with huge family files.
* Index search box - performance improvement when typing letters into the search box of an Index with huge family files.
* New Feature - Control-click (or right-click) events or facts in the Edit Person or Edit Family window to add other events/facts of the same type or recently added types.
* New Feature - multimedia items can be dragged/dropped into the Source List.
* Lists - the appearance of entries that are too long to fit in a column has been improved. In OS X 10.4, longer entries will appear first with squished text and then with elipsis, ala the Finder. In OS 10.3.9, longer entries truncated letter-by-letter.
* Dates - in 9.04, when your Date Preferences / Format is not ISO, an entry of 1711/12 will invoke the custom date window. If you're Date Preferences / Format is set to ISO, then 1711/12 will be interpreted as 1711-12.
* Marking - fixed a problem where adding spouses from the Index or the Clipboard would unmark all people.
* Ahnentafel reports - fixed a problem where larger numbers had omitted zeros.
* Charts - leading is properly preserved when choosing Save Default Box Attributes or Save Default Text Attributes.
* Charts - selecting a line object is easier.
* Charts - the setting for "Automatically move boxes off page break" is retained.
* Child buttons - prefix titles no longer appear on child buttons.
* Child buttons - when there's not enough room for all children to appear, the last button (with a pop-up menu) works properly now.
* Citations - extra period is removed when the detail field already includes a period.
* Closing windows - the Escape key will close: About Reunion, Overview, Manual, and Clipboard windows.
* Cross-platform - fixed a startup problem after using Apple's Migration Assistant when moving from PPC to Intel or vice versa.
* CSS - improvement to the appearance of citations in the "Default" CSS web style.
* CSS - person sheets, single people, position of "Unmarried" text improved.
* Date Preferences / Feasibility - values no longer change when crossing platforms.
* Edit person window - clicking into fields is faster and more efficient.
* Event Sorting - Edit Person window... some intelligence added to the Sort button for handling birth/death/burial fields with no dates.
* Family card - clicking husb/wife ID number on family card now puts the correct default ID into the Find window.
* Family card - fixed an appearance problem with smaller monitors when the Dock was at the bottom.
* Family card view - note field scroll bar: fixed an obscure problem where the scroll bar position wasn't updated correctly.
* Family card view - fixed the display of 'Other Children' field where 'No Children' was checked.
* Find Anything - fixed problem searching for text in the 'Multimedia File Name' field.
* Find Anything - searching in notes consumes less memory.
* GEDCOM Export - fixed a problem exporting adjacent source citations in note fields.
* GEDCOM Export - fixed name formatting problems with privacy filtering.
* GEDCOM Export - speed improvement when including links to multimedia items.
* GEDCOM Import - performance improvement and less memory used.
* Ibids - fixed problem where extra ibids were created when the citation detail field contained extended ASCII characters.
* Inital Caps button - words ending with 's no longer are changed to an uppercase S.
* Manual printing - fixed clipping at top/bottom of pages.
* Match and Merge People window - Next button now works properly.
* Multimedia - dragging thumbnail from the Multimedia window to child buttons will no longer set two pictures as preferred.
* Note fields - fixed a problem where copying a block of notes with duplicate source citations numbers resulted in misnumbering.
* Note fields - pasted formatted text is properly stripped (background colors, alignment, etc.).
* Pedigree charts, "Limit to one page" option - improvements to ensure that the charts fit on one page.
* Print Preview window - after printing, the buttons for Prev/Next page now work properly.
* Reminders - added the "day" to the white rows when date preferences is set to 1980-01-28
* Reminders - fixed cross-platform issue where the number of days / Today button settings were changed.
* Reminders - width of first column in Reminders window is now retained after closing and reopening.
* Source citations - copy/paste of general source citations are saved properly.
* Speed Names - added a warning message when the Clear button is clicked.
* Speed Names - fixed a problem with the Duplicate button.
* Speed Names - now works properly in the Edit Marriage sheet.
- Version 9.02 | Release Date: 2007-03-14 | Download
- Cascading Pedigree - return address is now included.
- Clipboard - fixed a problem updating the Index when using the Clear button in the Clipboard to delete people.
- CSS - cleaned up some CSS issues with web family cards and surname management.
- CSS - fixed a <div> problem in the CSS descendant report when putting places on a separate line.
- CSS - fixed span problem with citations in notes, making text progressively smaller for some web styles.
- Drag and drop - items from the Multimedia window can be dragged to children appearing in lists on the family card.
- Edit Family, adding children - sex was sometimes not retained (other possible related problems)
- Edit Person window - the Option + Enter key was adding a Return char in fields.
- Edit Person window - when editing citation detail, no longer need to press Enter key twice.
- Family Card - Age column in child list was empty for people who died after the maximum Living Age setting in date feasibility.
- Family Card - citation size in note fields on family card is smaller.
- Family Card - increased limit of citations visible in name field on family card to 25.
- Family Card, views - Other Children field will wrap text.
- Find -> Replace - fixed a problem with "whole word" searches.
- Find Anything - creating a preset with empty text field no longer says '(null)' when the preset is recalled via a menu.
- Find Anything - tab key now behaves properly with fields in multiple conditions.
- Find Anything, Couples, Notes - now finds text properly.
- Finding, Searching & Sorting - improved when words include diacritical marks.
- Fonts - "Data Entry/Lists" font choice will also be applied to the free-form text field of source records.
- Fonts - note field fonts (chosen in Field Preferences) apply to data entry and on the family card.
- GEDCOM files - changed icon of GEDCOM files to distinguish from family files.
- Insertion cursor in index, place lists, tab key - no longer disappears due to System Preferences/Keyboard & Mouse/Full Keyboard Access/All Controls setting.
- Interface - when focus is on popups or checkbox btns, the Return or Enter key will function properly.
- Match & merge people (Identical last name, similar first name) - fixed problem with progress bar.
- Multimedia / Add Item - bmp files appear enabled in the File -> Open window.
- Multimedia window - created a fix for very rare cases where Multimedia window would not open and items in the list would disappear.
- Multiple family files, Edit Person windows - source descriptions were cross pollinating (this was a display problem only).
- Painter's Picker - improved compatibility with this 3rd party utility to avoid crashes at launch.
- Report Indexes - improved support for diacritical marks and other non-sortable characters.
- Sources - fixed a problem when reporting sources at the end of reports.
- Unicode/Upgrading - better support for European, Hebrew, Greek, Icelandic and Russian text when upgrading.
- Upgrading - addressed several family file upgrading issues.
- Upgrading - fixed a problem when upgrading files with gaps in source numbers.
- Web family cards with person sheets - sources are now included.
- Web output - improved memory management when creating web media pages.
Licence: Commercial with demo