- Version 2.8 | Release Date: 2010-05-28 | Download
- Revamped UI.
- You can now specify that links should be opened in a new browser window.
- You can now link between lessons in the same manual.
- You can now customize the âTable of Contentsâ bookmark label for PDF templates.
- When posting to ScreenSteps Live you can now specify that lesson tags on server should be replaced with those on the desktop. Default behavior is to merge desktop and server tags.
- Added support for restructuredtext to HTML templates.
- Added StepTitle, WebSafeStepTitle, StepNumber, StepIndex and StepIndexZeroBased to Media sections in HTML templates.
- Version 2.6 | Release Date: 2009-06-19 | Download
- ScreenSteps Pro can export to Word.
- You can now specify HTML embed code for step media. Just right-click on step or step image. When exporting to HTML or ScreenSteps Live this code will be use instead of the image. For document output (PDF or Office Open XML) a url can be supplied that the step image will link to.
- You can specify the starting number for step sequences in the Sequence property palette.
- ScreenSteps now displays a preview of changes that will be made to a manual when uploading and downloading to/from Screensteps Live.
- ScreenSteps only allows one user at a time to upload a manual or lesson to ScreenSteps Live.
- Version 2.1.2 | Release Date: 2008-08-21 | Download
Some changes include:
- Faster UI
- Export lessons to WordPress, TypePad and Movable Type.
- Dramatically improved image quality in PDF output.
- Export to Confluence and MindTouch Deki in ScreenSteps Pro.
A complete change log is available here:
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2008-01-25 | Download
There are now three versions of ScreenSteps: Free, Standard and Pro. The same installer works for all versions. When you install ScreenSteps you will be able to run ScreenSteps Pro for 15 days. After your 15 days are up the program will revert to ScreenSteps Free. Purchase a license key to unlock the features in ScreenSteps Standard or ScreenSteps Pro.
Here is a list of what's new in ScreenSteps 2.
All of your lessons are now stored in a single Lesson Library file. This makes working on projects so much easier as you don't have to have ScreenSteps lessons spread out over multiple files. Also, it makes it easier to create lessons that are just for yourself to reference later. You can now use ScreenSteps to "record" all of the little things that you need to remember how to do.
Since everything is stored in your library file you can now search through all of your lessons. You can also sort lessons by title or the last modification date.
Inline Editing of Images
You no longer need to open a new window to edit images. Just draw right on the image in the step. This really speeds up the annotation process and helps you annotate things in the context of the lesson.
You can now easily resize images in ScreenSteps. Images will automatically be resized to a size that fits for html and pdf output. But now you can enlarge smaller images if you would like to focus on something.
Replace Image In Step
This is one of our favorites. Ever need to change the screenshots for a lesson because the software interface you are teaching has changed? Now you can just replace the image in place. All of the annotations that were on the previous image will stay in right where they were. This is a huge timesaver for updates.
You can now tag lessons to make them easier to find later on. You can also use this to help your workflow. Need to update some lessons? Just tag them with "Update" and you will have a list of lessons you need to work on.
Need a little more structure to your lessons? Organize them into Topics. You can now do this right in ScreenSteps. You can also use this feature to "stub out" lessons that you need to create.
Export Topics to HTML or PDF (Pro Only)
Need to create an HTML manual or PDF manual? Just export your topic to HTML or PDF.
You can now create multiple PDF templates with your own setting for margins, logos, footers image placement and page size.
- Version 1.1r4 | Release Date: 2007-07-26 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 1.1.1 | Release Date: 2007-06-25 | Download
- Depending on when ScreenSteps polled the system clipboard, QuickTime on OS X wasn't always reporting that the clipboard had an image on it when copying frames from movies. A workaround has been implemented.
- The "Open last opened project" preference was not working.
- Some Swedish characters were being converted to lower case on export.
- On Mac OS X if you closed the ScreenSteps lesson window and then tried to create a new lesson using the File menu nothing would happen. If you tried to open a lesson using the File menu ScreenSteps would crash.
- Circle or rectangle annotations with borders turned off would not resize correctly.
Licence: Commercial with demo