- Version 2.4.2 | Release Date: 2013-11-28 | Download
What's New in Version 2.4.2
• New energy saving optimizations.
• Fixed an issue in Particle Mode affecting some MacBooks.
• Updated a couple of built-in locations.
• Fixed a sandboxing bug.
• Fixed a bug that could prevent the app from updating data in the background while running on OS X Mavericks.
- Version 2.4 | Release Date: 2013-10-15 | Download
What's New in Version 2.4
• Awesome particle trails in the Particle Mode feature.
• Map now wraps around at -180°/180° longitude.
• Graph hovers are now easier to read.
• Hold down the option key while hovering over the graph to view all conditions at the selected time.
• US Forecasts are now loaded on-demand.
• Liquid and snow precipitation graphs now have minimum graph scales.
• Lots of optimizations and stability enhancements in the mapping code.
• Fixed a bug where the incorrect date could be printed below the forecast weekend in certain time zones.
• Fixed a bug where the date string wouldn't show up in the graph over for the wind speed graph if the units selected was knots.
- Version 2.3 | Release Date: 2013-06-25 | Download
What's New in Version 2.3
An amazing new map feature called Particle Mode, full support for the new Retina MacBook Pro with high resolution graphics, support for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, and several bug fixes.
• Particle mode.
• Retina display support.
• Mountain Lion compatible.
• The app is now sandboxed.
• Implemented a new URL manager to loads data much more efficiently.
• Optimized the map code for speed and memory usage.
• Added tooltips to the map settings
• Add an Graph menu item to toggle the visibility of the Probability of Precipitation graph.
• Location database changes and additions.
• Handle situations where no locations configured.
• Updated the About Box text.
• Fixed a bug where the fullscreen menu option wouldn't be available in Mountain Lion.
• Fixed a bug causing a CATransaction error to print to the Console in Mountain Lion.
• Fixed a Cylindrical Wind Direction Graph anomaly on Retina displays.
• Fixed a bug where modified coordinates for a location wouldn't be saved between launches.
• Fixed a bug where the map would randomly freeze on Macs with more than one video card.
• Fixed a bug in the map string drawing code.
• Fixed a bug with the surface analysis data not loading if disabled at launch time.
• Fixed a bug where the incorrect wind speed could be printed in the Dock menu.
• Fixed a bug when pinching the graph at the boundaries.
• Fixed a bug in the temperature graph scale of some unreliable weather stations.
• Fixed the width of the update time selector in the preferences.
• Fixed a bug in the map text plotting code.
• Fixed a bug where the map would jump around when trying to zoom out to far.
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2012-06-01 | Download
What's New in Version 2.2
For the first time in a Mac weather application, view a custom-drawn surface analysis plotted on the radar and satellite map! The surface analysis (covering North America) shows current fronts and centers of high and low pressure and is natively drawn to any map zoom level. Enable this setting in the map's gear menu.
Some other great new features include:
• An option to show the first location's temperature in the Dock icon.
• A new probability of precipitation graph.
• A "Scroll to Now" button in the graph settings.
• The graph scroll position is now saved to the settings and restored at the next application launch.
• The text on the map is now outlined black so it's readable over snowy terrain.
• HiDPI support.
• Adjusted the resolution thresholds on the radar images so they look nicer at certain zoom levels.
• The radar image time in the map settings now shows the time the radar image was generated, not the time it was last downloaded.
• Check to make sure observed dew points are less than temperatures before displaying them.
• Made several areas of the code more robust when running in parallel.
• Make sure all observations database connections are closed before allowing the app to quit.
• Fixed a bug when detecting precipitation type from a METAR.
• Fixed a bug in the relative humidity calculation.
• Fixed a bug where old forecasts could remain in the cache.
• Fixed a bug where some locations in South America would incorrectly show sand in the current conditions.
• Fixed a bug where some wind speeds would show n-n mph when n was the same value.
• Fixed a formatting bug in the visibility strings.
• Fixed a bug where if past graph data was missing and the forecast scrolls of the graph, then data would never be loaded.
• Fixed a bug where forecasted values would sometimes show up on the graphs even if the time period had already passed.
• Fixed a bug that resulted in some images displaying upside-down.
• Fixed the animation curve when moving between cities on the map that are close to each other (less bounciness).
• Fix a bug in the graph display when dew point temperatures are missing.
• Fixed a bug where adding a custom location wouldn't load the graph data automatically.
• Fixed a localization decimal bug in latitude/longitude fields.
• Fixed a bug in the map code when running on displays that don't support 3D acceleration.
• Fixed a bug that would cause the radar image to not update when the animation was paused.
• Fixed a bug when there weren't enough graphs to cause the display to scroll.
• Added locations in British Columbia, the Netherlands, Australia, and the British Virgin Islands.
• Fixed the Athens, Greece and Burbank, CA locations.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2012-01-20 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($24.99)