- Version 3.9 | Release Date: 2009-05-09 | Download
- Version 3.9
- Built-in Metadata editor, to tag your movies directly inside SimpleMovieX.
- Delete whole Chapter. (not just the marker, also the footage)
- Chapter markers at beginning of MP4 and MOV movies are now optional. You can also specify the chapter name in Preferences.
- Movie loading is faster.
- Saving in AVI format doesn't work fine with Perian codec, version 1.1.3 (but works with version 1.0). Fixed.
- In multi-language movies, saving in AVI doesn't always saves the selected audio track. Fixed.
- Cannot move frame by frame, backwards, when on the last frame of a movie. Fixed.
- Search pane displays only part of the movie, or doesn't refresh correctly. Fixed.
- When you cut a very short segment of a long MP4 file, saving sometimes fails. Fixed.
- When you merge movies containing chapters with others without chapters, the video tracks would remain separated, thus preventing native saving in MP4 or AVI formats. Fixed.
- Merging by droping several movies into a document creates a chapters at time t=0 even if there is already one present. Fixed.
- Full screen playback now longer displays lateral strips.
- Use slash / character inside a file name will cause saving to fail. Now this character is no longer accepted, for your own good...
- Crash when opening a mov file with multiple references inside a same track. Fixed.
- DV PAL movies are now resized to 768x576, respecting native vertical resolution.
- Merging by droping several movies could be halted by warning messages. Fixed.
- The files that SimpleMovieX opens remained locked until the application quits (preventing deletion from Trash, even if document has been closed). Fixed.
- Using a file name several times for saving during a SimpleMovieX session would cause confusion. Fixed.
- Saving of MP4 files over 4GB in size, or containing RTP tracks, would fail due to size check error. Fixed.
- When Cut actions are used while a chapter name is being edited, it gives unexpected result. Fixed.
- "Add to Movie" and "Add to Selection & Scale" does Paste instead of Add, under certains conditions. Fixed.
- In Audio Sync pane, the numeric field is only active when you click on it. Sometimes the comma and decimal separator were wrongly interpreted. Fixed.
- Table with list of movies in batch export window is clipped when saving starts. Fixed.
- Version 3.7.1 | Release Date: 2008-07-25 | Download
â¢ Fixed launch problem with Panther.
â¢ Improved usability of Audio sync pane (autorepeat arrow buttons, can input offset with keyboard)
Developed to help you grow your MP4 video library, SimpleMovieX version 3.7 delivers improved interoperatibility with iTunes, Handbrake and MetaX and significant speed increase in editing and chapterizing tasks.
â¢ Support for multi-audio movies. Possible to select language, remove unused audio tracks.
â¢ Metadata is now detected. SimpleMovieX can visualize it and proposes MetaX and iTunes to edit it.
â¢ Movie Information now reports languages, media source references and metadata.
â¢ Poster Frame can be set in mov and mp4 files.
â¢ Unicode encoding is used for Chapter names if required. Perfect compatibility with iTunes.
â¢ Edition of Chapter markers is much faster now. Editing clips is also significantly faster.
â¢ Chapter markers can now have the same name (except consecutive ones)
â¢ Integrated Software Update module, that displays description and let you skip or download update.
â¢ Safer MP4 saving in place.
- Version 3.6.3 | Release Date: 2008-02-25 | Download
Version 3.6.3 fixes a few bugs:
NEW: Chapter markers can be copied and pasted. A plain text document can be used to add chapters in a movie.
After editing, AVI files with Microsoft ADPCM audio could loose audio. Fixed
After editing, AVI files with non-integer frames per second (in particular NTSC) can have audio synchronization problems. Fixed
Improved support of MP3 audio in edited AVI files, better compatibility with Windows PCs.
Audio popping noise every few seconds in some AVI files edited by SimpleMovieX. Fixed.
When merging files, in particular MP4 files or in case of duplicate chapter names, the chapter markers coming from the pasted file would be lost. Fixed.
Blank chapter marker is created at time 0 when saving MP4 files even if one is already present at time 0. Fixed.
Audio could be lost when merging and saving several MP4 files.
Audio could be lost when editing MP4 files created by Handbrake.
Fixed a corner case where registration code is not accepted.
- Version 3.6.2 | Release Date: 2008-01-03 | Download
3.6.2 comes with a lot of bug fixes:
Saving in AVI format sometimes gives an empty file. Fixed
AVI files with DVI ADPCM audio can loose synch or even full audio track after editing. Fixed
AVI files with MP2 audio can loose audio and become corrupt after editing. Fixed
Saving in AVI format can produce a slow motion movie with normal-speed audio. Fixed
Saving in AVI format after resynchronizing audio (delaying audio vs video) gives unexcepted result. Fixed
SimpleMovieX sometimes hangs at the end of saving operation. Now correctly reports a saving error.
"Folder not valid for saving" message shown when folder is indeed writeable. Fixed
Computer hangs after saving to a folder whose path contains non-ASCII characters like Japanese Kanji, diacritics, ... In case of plain Save, this would delete the original file. Fixed
Adding chapters to an m4v file no longer deletes iTunes artworks.
"Split by chapter" and "Batch export" could crash after the first file is written. Fixed
Batch Export could be launched without having choosen the destination folder, giving unexpected results. Fixed
Inconsistent behaviour of Batch Export when "skip" setting is used for one or several files. Fixed
Chapter markers added with SimpleMovieX may not show up at correct time in iTunes/iPod. Fixed
Suddenly, dropping a movie file in new window no longer opens the file. Fixed
Bar and messages indicating progress in Batch Export stop refreshing while operation continues normally. Fixed
Stuttering playback of some movies once chapters are created. Fixed
- Version 3.5.1 | Release Date: 2007-10-22 | Download
- New Preferences setting to choose old-style timeline behaviour (selection follows playhead).
- Chapter markers seem to disappear from movies saved as MP4 (but in fact were correctly saved). Fixed
- Trial message appears in document windows even after registering. Fixed
- Legitimate users receive a "suspended license" alert. Fixed
- Application hangs at launch time. Fixed
- Space prediction doesn't stop after Export button is pressed (slowing down process or crashing if FLV codec is used). Fixed
- Out marker not mouse-sensitive when at the end of movie.
- 2 Waveforms generated when an audio-only movie opens and "always waveform" setting is on. Fixed
- Part of video frame remains under waveform screen area. Fixed
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2007-10-22 | Download
- Smart Timeline
SimpleMovieX has adopted the popular "in - out - playhead" concept while keeping its specific advantage: adaptable and keyframe-aware.
- Chapters supported also in MPEG-4
In addition to QuickTime format, SimpleMovieX now creates MPEG-4 files with chapters, either through export or native saving. Compatible with iPod, iPhone and Apple TV
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2007-04-28 | Download
Many problems related to Audio Waveform solved
Problem in AVI saving for movies with timebase different of frames per seconds, solved
Improved usability of Batch Export
Wrong colors when pasting image in Mac Intel system, solved
Drag and drop a file could insert it two times
Fixed case of dimmed Save button in Save RefMovie
- Version 3.0 fc2 | Release Date: 2007-02-23 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.0 final candidate | Release Date: 2006-12-21 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2006-12-16 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($30 USD)