- Version 1.0 RC2 | Release Date: 2009-06-25 | Download
-Fixed bug that caused an error when switching tools.
-Fixed bug where the error log was showing up in the clipboard
-Added support for undoing segment/figure property setting, arrowkey moving, scaling, rotating, flipping, aligning, and duplicating figures.
-NEW: Added "Reset to Defaults" button.
-Fixed bug where default backdrop color preference was empty so the Show Backdrop command wouldn't function until you assigned a color in Preferences.
-Fixed bug where if "Double-click switches tools" preference was turned on, double-clicking anywhere in Stykz (palettes, etc.) would cause the tools to switch.
-Fixed bug where if "Double-click switches tools" preference was turned on, double-clicking on the Stage (but not on a figure) would not switch back from Select to Subselect tools.
-Fixed bug where "Save window positions" would save a window, even if it was minimized.
-Fixed bug where clicking on a static segment with the subselect tool would sometimes not display the end node of the line.
-Fixed bug where changing the length/angle of a segment and then switching to select tool and scaling or rotating the figure would move the line out of place
-Fixed bug where adding a node with the Select tool caused one of the nodes to be blue instead of red
-Fixed bug where undoing a pivoting operation would not restore the original properties to the figure so that scaling/rotating the figure after that would cause the figure to appear to "Jump" to a new position.
-Fixed bug where setting a line segment to be static and then moving the segment with the arrowkey could relocate the drag node.
-Fixed bug where the "Do you want to save" prompt was not appearing when you closed a "dirty" document.
-Fixed bug where the "Show Hints" menu item would not work when no documents were open.
-Fixed bug where the "Show Backdrop/Hide Backdrop" menu item would not be enabled if there were no documents open.
-Fixed bug where having the Frames Palette hidden when a document was opened and then showing it would not update the Frames Palette.
>Fixed bug where the Segment Properties would remain displayed when you switched to the Select tool and had a segment already selected.
-Fixed bug where just tapping on the up/down arrow for adjusting angle, length, etc. would not do anything; you had to hold the mouse button down.
-Added ability to option-Enter key in open fields to allow the Enter key to pass and create a new frame (esp. useful in Properties)
-Fixed bug where sometimes the alignment controls wouldn't enable even if there were two or more selected figures.
-Fixed bug where you could set the angle of a figure to - 360.
-NEW: Added ability to optionally change the color of circle fills and/or polyfills when you change the line segment color of a figure.
-Fixed bug where the "Middle" alignment option didn't work and would beep.
-Fixed bug where you couldn't set the angle of a circle to 0 (you'd get a beep).
-Many more changes.
- Version 1.0b2 | Release Date: 2009-02-01 | Download
This version of Stykz builds on the popularity of Beta 1 by adding several new features:
* Ability to import Pivot 2 .stk files, which means that Stykz will be able to use thousands of already created .stk files so that animators won't have to recreate work that is easy to download and import.
* You can export the currently displayed frame as a PNG, JPG, or GIF image
* You can export all the frames in an animation to a sequence of PNG or GIF images.
* We added an indicator in the title bar of a document window and in the Window menu to indicate a document that needs to be saved.
* A new StykzPlayer window was added for playback that shows up automatically that lets Stykz get better performance in playback.
* You can now move any selected figures to the center of the current stage by choosing "Move to Center Stage" from the Arrange menu.
* We added shortcut keys to most menus items to make things easier to access.
* A "Revert to Saved" menu item was added to the File menu to allow for discarding all changes made to a document.
* You can now create a circle by just choosing "Circle" from the Figure menu.
* We have made it a lot easier to move Stykz figures (.styk files) into and out of the Library: at the bottom of the Library palette are buttons to add/rename/delete items in the Library, to open the actual Library folder on your hard drive, and to refresh the list if you choose to add files to the Library folder while Stykz is open. You can also drag .styk files from the desktop directly to the Library palette to quickly add .styk files into your Library.
* You can now specify that any figure, including those in your Library, can be used for new documents in the Preferences window
In addition to the features listed above, fixed a whole bunch of bugs so as we approach the 1.0 release Stykz will be as bug-free as possible. To see a list of everything we've done, see the Release Notes. Note that this version has been re-engineered for better performance and that required a file format change; so when you open any .stykz files you created in Beta 1, you will be prompted to convert to the new format (a backup of the original is made just in case). The next targets on the horizon are the first Windows Public Beta on February 21, and the official Mac 1.0 release on February 28. You can always see the current timeline at the Stykz forums by going to http://tinyurl.com/stykzdevtimeline, and the features we'll be adding to future versions of Stykz by going to http://tinyurl.com/stykzdevroadmap. As always, if you run into any issues, or have any comments or suggestions, please use the "Send Feedback" menu item in the Help menu, or send email to [email protected]
- Version 1.0b1 | Release Date: 2009-01-10 | Download
- No changes specified