- Version 3.5.4 | Release Date: 2011-06-01 | Download
SubEthaEdit 3.5.4 fixes problems with Mac OS X 10.7 and allows to use the Web Inspector in the Web Preview.
For a list of all fixes please consult the release notes. SubEthaEdit 3.5.4 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2009-08-10 | Download
- Code Folding - SubEthaEdit now supports code folding in all the shipping modes. Even without mode support you have the ability to fold arbitrary selections to gain clarity in more complicated documents.
- Document state persistence using Xtended Attributes - SubEthaEdit now saves document state (mode, folding state, window position, selection and more) for plain text files using a extended filesystem attribute.
- Clickable URLs - if the mode has URL recognition, URLs can now be opened with a direct click in a fashion that does not interfere with editing.
- New "Tidy and Pretty Print HTML" feature
- Improved the speed of Applescript based text changes in documents (e.g. the commment/uncomment script in the c-modes)
- Reduced the cases where SubEthaEdit's port mapping triggers a bug in the mDNSResponder causing it to produce a high cpu load when used with Airport Base Stations.
- All shipped modes have been reengineered to support code folding.
- Updated the seetext file format to be more efficient and support the new folding state data.
- Added additional TLS/SSL encryption mode that does not need the temporary keychains anymore and is now default.
- Made network protocol more robust.
- Improved memory consumption when opening big files.
- Fixed crashes that could occur when opening files > 300 MB.
- Fixed an issue in mode definition syntax names which could lead to symbols not being displayed after initially showing up.
- Fixed a crash where context clicking on an URL could lead to an application hang.
- Fixed minor issues with the encoding recognition and conversion.
- Fixed minor issues to make SubEthaEdit work well with the upcoming Mac OS X Snow Leopard.
- Fixed minor issues that occurred when inserting characters that do not exist in the current encoding.
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2008-12-08 | Download
Improves speed and stability. The integrated automatic portmapping now supports even more routers. We also made a lot of improvements to various syntax modes.
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2008-03-18 | Download
- NAT-Traversal: SubEthaEdit now automatically maps its port so it can be reached from anywhere on the internet.
- iChat Invites: Documents and the Connection Browser allow drag and drop of iChat Buddies to invite them. (iChat invites only work on Mac OS X 10.5)
- Friendcasting: if you activate Friendcasting you get automatic connections to the friends of your friends. In a typical company/group setup one publicly reachable SubEthaEdit will be enough to act as friend to connect everyone to each other.
- Many more enhancements.
- Version 3.0.3 | Release Date: 2008-01-21 | Download
This release fixes a crash and compatibility with Spaces. It also improves the modes for Objective-C, C++, C and CSS.
For a list of fixes please consult the release notes. SubEthaEdit 3.0.3 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- Version 3.0.2 | Release Date: 2007-12-04 | Download
For a list of fixes please consult the release notes. SubEthaEdit 3.0.2 requires Mac OS X 10.4 or later.
- Version 3.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-11-04 | Download
This release fixes an issue where SubEthaEdit keeps asking for Xcode's location on startup. Also improves startup time and PHP mode.
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2007-10-21 | Download
- All connections are 2048-bit SSL encrypted if possible.
- Persistent file format that stores collaboration metadata and history with QuickLook support.
- Collaboration metadata is preserved where possible.
- Shiny new statistics window (Command-I) showing word, character and lines counts as well as a user history.
- User Interface for mode recognition order and mode recognition triggers.
- Restoring document contents after a crash (including metadata).
- Highlighter supports unlimited nesting of states.
- Highlighter supports unlimited importing and linking of states in states.
- Highlighter supports transcendend named groups in states (used for e.g. HEREDOC syntax).
- see command line tool now has options for selection, opening files in tabs, and marking pipe in documents dirty.
- Total rewrite of the encoding guessing which now includes: meta-tag content, BOMs of any kind, extended attributes and heuristical analysis.
- The user image now can be customized.
- Symbol recognition now ignores comment content.
- The participants drawer now features a follow button.
- New modes: SVNLog, SDEF, ERB (eRuby), ColdFusion and Lasso.
- New connection browser that combines the old bonjour and internet browsers into one.
- New menu commands for announcing and setting the access to all open documents.
- New menu commands for opening files in tabs / new window depending on the user preference.
- New menu command for restoring change marks - especially useful with the new file format.
- New menu command that pretty prints XML respecting the users indentation settings.
- New regular expression features (look into Help->Regular Expressions) for details.
- Mode recognition can match extensions case-insensitivly
- Improved highlighting speed.
- Greatly improved modes which now take advanctage of the new features of the highlighter: PHP/HTML, Perl, XML, XSLT, HTML, Objective-C, C++, C, Diff, Python.
- Improved error reporting when loading of documents fails.
- Better auto updating experience: Open documents are restored after (next) update
- New highres artwork for Leopard resolution independence.
- Improved Leopard compatibility
- Added content based mode detection for many modes.
- Parenthesis matching now knows about comments and strings.
- Autocompletion now honors the charsinautocompletion setting of the mode.
- Fixed issue with window cascading if you disconnect a screen that is on the left and the last opened window was on that screen.
- Version 2.6.5 | Release Date: 2007-08-05 | Download
- Fixed a crash that could occur when closing a document while the web preview is reloading.
- Fixed an issue where turning on wrap lines wouldn't work when there is no text overflowing the current dimensions of the document window.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes when showing change marks, the change mark on the last character of an edit wasn't displayed.
- Fixed an issue where the document that is created at startup would close when you selected it via the window menu.
- Version 2.6.4 | Release Date: 2007-07-10 | Download
- Added the AppleScript command "show" to the document. "show" will show the frontmost window / tab of a document.
- Added the system wide show animation for selecting found text on Leopard
- Triple click now selects up to style boundaries. E.g. strings, variables.
- Save dialog now preselects filename without extension
- Changed "Check Syntax" in all modes. It now should work with all encodings and with tabs.
- Improved the syntax highlighting in Perl Mode
- Improved Objective-C Mode to include new Leopard Classes and support for Objective-C 2.0
- Improved a behaviour where new windows would open across screens, now new windows open on the screen of the topmost window.
- The report a bug menu item in the help menu now directly selects SubEthaEdit and the correct version in our bugtracker.
- When removing a split now, instead of the cursor position of the upper text view, the cursor position of the active text view is taken
- Fixed an issue where the shared find panel string did overwrite a user created find string.
- Fixed an issue where the transition of the join and invitation windows wasn't completed.
- Fixed an issue where the command-number keyboard shortcuts for tabs could be wrong for a brief period of time after rearranging tabs inside a window.
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by using the command-number keyboard shortcuts for switching between tabs in certain situations.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when the first character in a document was deleted if it was a space, tabs have been turned off and you were unlucky.
- Fixed an issue where the Encoding Doctor did show the wrong button style.
- Fixed an issue where the ui on the hosting SubEthaEdit would not show that a user has aborted the join.
- Fixed an network related crash that could be caused by having long modal operations while joining a document, e.g. the loading of a mode that has an AppleScript with an unknown application in it.
- Fixed a crash that could be caused by adding or removing encodings from the encoding list after closing a tab but not the corresponding window by clicking with the mouse.
- Fixed an issue with PHP and other modes which had trouble running the Check-Syntax script when a Output document already was open.
- Fixed an issue where "show invisible characters" would draw big diamond shapes for the space character on leopard
- Version 2.6.3 | Release Date: 2007-07-10 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 2.6.2 | Release Date: 2007-03-08 | Download
* Fixed a bug where the Web Preview no longer loaded resources (e.g. images).
* Fixed a bug where the Regex syntax option wasn't recognized correctly.
* Improved modes: Lua.
- Version 2.6 | Release Date: 2007-01-29 | Download
* Editor windows can contain several documents respresented by tabs in a tab bar.
* Added preference option for opening new documents in tabs.
* Added additional New menu command for creating tabs.
* Windows and tabs can be closed separately from each other.
* Added 'Always Show Tab Bar' command to show or hide the tab bar.
* A tab can be moved to a new window using the command 'Move Tab to New Window'.
* All windows can be merged to a single window using the command 'Merge All Windows'.
* Navigation between tabs with commands for selecting the next or previous tab.
* Added 'Go to Tab' submenu for a listing of all tabs.
* Tabs can be rearranged via drag and drop.
* Tabs can also be dragged between windows.
- Version 2.5 | Release Date: 2006-07-05 | Download
New key features include:
* Easy double-click mode installation
* Broad AppleScriptability, automate text manipulation
* Many new mode-specific features, such as close tags, execute scripts, etc.
* Modes can be extended with features written in AppleScript
* The toolbar is customizable for each mode
* Opening and saving hidden files
* Modes can be triggered by specific filenames or content
* Assistance to avoid inconsistent line endings
* Dock Icon Badge indicating invitations
- Version 2.3 | Release Date: 2006-02-19 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (29.00 EUR)