- Version 4.4.1 | Release Date: 2010-04-29 | Download
- Changed status from "beta" to "final".
- Fixes for building on 64-bit processors.
- Qualified for use with Mac OS X 10.6.3.
- Qualified for use with iTunes 9.1.
- Version 4.2 | Release Date: 2009-12-08 | Download
- Status changed from "beta" to "final".
- New checkbox in "Advanced" preferences tab to turn Amazon cover art searching on and off independently of the Floater graphic setting.
- Version 3.5.1a | Release Date: 2009-07-02 | Download
- Added a checkbox to temporarily disable the submission of track information to last.fm (fulfills feature request #1310); this is ideal for those times when you don't want what you're currently listening to be "scrobbled" to the website.
- Removed some out-of-date localized resources.
- Version 3.5a9 | Release Date: 2009-06-27 | Download
- Bumped minimum system verison requirement to Mac OS X 10.5.7; it is hoped that Apple has fixed the crashing bug in NSAppleScript when running using Garbage Collection.
- Lots of back-end refactoring (required by migration of some code into the WOPublic open source repository).
- Qualified for use with iTunes 8.2.
- Version 3.5a7 | Release Date: 2008-04-29 | Download
- Work around missing cover art problem caused by iTunes 7.6.1 and 7.6.2 (fixes bug #668).
- Speed up cover art retrieval.
- Catch NSGenericExceptions thrown by Leopard Script Bridge (fixes bug #657).
- Note: the crashes caused by NSAppleScript under Garbage Collection remain; Apple has confirmed that this is a Leopard bug and intends to fix it, although hasn't announced when the fix will be made available. If you are experiencing these crashes often with this alpha release you may consider switching to the stable 3.2 series instead, which can be downloaded from here.
- Version 3.5a5 | Release Date: 2008-01-24 | Download
- Fix Audioscrobbler breakage introduced during the conversion to Objective-C 2.0 (see bug #641, "audioscrobbler/last.fm submission broken").
- Drop use of NSAppleScript in several places seeing as it appears to cause crashes under Garbage collection (see bug #640, "NSAppleScript freaks out under Garbage Collection"); this is not a total replacement of all NSAppleScript use, but it is start and should hopefully reduce the number of crashes seen in the previous alpha seed.
- Add "Edit" menu to Synergy Preferences application; without this users couldn't conveniently copy and paste in their registration information.
- Qualified for use with iTunes 7.6.
- Version 3.5a4 | Release Date: 2008-01-08 | Download
- Fix crashing bug for people with stale entries in their login items (see bug #636, "Synergy 3.5a3 crashes on launch").
- Fix inappropriate localization in Synergy Preferences menus (items appearing in Spanish which should have been in English) caused by new behaviour in the new Interface Builder that comes with Leopard (see bug #637, "Synergy Preferences.app menu in Spanish").
- Fix reference to "NewApplication" in Synergy Preferences Help menu (see bug #638, "Help menu says "NewApplication" instead of Synergy Preferences").
- Connect Help menu in Synergy Preferences to online documentation.
- Include upgrade notes in the accompanying README file (basically, no explicit upgrade action is required on the part of the user; Synergy automatically detects old installations and offers to clean them up).
- Version 3.5a3 | Release Date: 2008-01-08 | Download
- Massive code audit with many changes for better Garbage Collection support and performance and general modernization (use of newer APIs, more optimal patterns, Objective-C 2.0 features).
- No longer distributed as a System Preferences pane and therefore no installer is required or used.
- Switch to using new login-item API provided by Launch Services; this should definitively fix the failure to launch at login after upgrading (see bug #605, "Synergy will not open at launch").
- Localization clean-up: some of the localizations were significantly out of date and had drifted too far from the main English line of development to be managed using automated tools, these resources have been temporarily removed and those which could be brought up to date with the English version have been updated.
- Modernize version numbering mechanisms to include Git-based build number.
- For a list of code-level changes for this release see either the short summary or the detailed log.
- Version 3.1.5 | Release Date: 2007-10-01 | Download
- [Note] Qualified for use with iTunes version 7.4.2.
- [Note] Depending on the release date for Leopard this may be the last release before Leopard comes out; if you have access to the Leopard seeds please notify me of any problems you encounter running Synergy on the latest seed.
- Version 3.1.4 | Release Date: 2007-07-22 | Download
- 7 new button sets ("Leopard" by Colin Dunn; "Blue Bar", "Glass Bar", "Orange Aluminum", "Orange Steel", "Transparent Bar" and "White Tiger Bar" by Xidius), specially created to blend well with the forthcoming Leopard version of Mac OS X, added to the online gallery of free button sets.
- First sweep through codebase for Leopard compatibility.
- Qualified for use with iTunes version 7.3.1.
- Increased robustness for notification-handling code.
- Now uses latest version of the installer (Install 1.3.1).
- Version 3.1.1b | Release Date: 2007-03-08 | Download
* [Bugfix] Corrections to Spanish translation (bug #528, "Translation errors in Spanish version of Synergy").
* [Note] Third-party "AutoRate" script (see "Sample Track Change Items" folder on the Synergy disk image) compatibility updates by Glenn McDonald.
* [Note] Additional translations by Sebastian Sparrer added to the German localization (bug #519, "Non-translated strings in Synergy 3.1").
* [Note] Minor update to the Russian localization by Alexander Vasilyev.
* [Note] Two new button sets by Evan Robert added to the online gallery of free button sets.
* [Note] Qualified for use with the just-released iTunes version 7.1.
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2006-12-03 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2006-09-05 | Download
- [Enhancement] Elegant new icon design by Adam "Elroy" Mazzitelli.
- [Feature] Implemented feature request #445 ("Display confirmation sheet when clicking 'Defaults' or 'Revert'").
- [Bugfix] Minor changes to the "Get artwork from Synergy" sample script included on the Synergy disk image that allow it to work when running in German (and probably other languages as well); modifications provided by Reto Baumberger.
- [Bugfix] Remove drag limitations when setting the position of the Floater (fixes bug #309, "Floater won't move to 2nd screen if 2nd screen is above main screen").
- [Bugfix] Final workaround for font changes made by Apple in the move to Tiger that made rating stars in the central feedback bezels (when using the hot keys to change song ratings) appear too small and hard to distinguish (bug #425, "Open stars in hot-key floater"). The fix originally introduced in Synergy version 1.9 gave stars of the correct size but they were not fully solid. This new workaround should give stars that are equally good-looking and solid on Tiger, Panther and Jaguar.
- [Bugfix] Double-clicking a button set in the Finder causes that set to become active even when the user has the "Choose random button style" preference set (bug #442, "Double-click on a Synergy Button set displays random button set").
- [Note] Five new buttons sets (two by Charles Hodgson, one by subscriber3 and two by Jon Redmond) added to the online gallery.
- Version 2.9 | Release Date: 2006-07-10 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware (Ã¢ÂÂ¬5.00)