- Version 2.9 | Release Date: 2013-10-31 | Download
What's New in Version 2.9
MIDI playback: the blue "current notes" indicator didn't appear correctly in Mavericks. Fixed.
- Version 2.8 | Release Date: 2013-09-17 | Download
What's New in Version 2.8
- Fixed editing of floating texts when the zoom is not at 100%
- Version 2.7 | Release Date: 2013-06-26 | Download
What's New in Version 2.7
- MIDI playback: added an option to keep the metronome going during playback.
- Improved the way the "loop selection" function works, making it more precise and consistent with user expectations.
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2012-08-25 | Download
What's New in Version 2.2
- MIDI playback: fixed looping over a selection at the end of the score
- Fixed crash when reopening a document while the Chord Dictionary is open
- Removed Apple Remote support, since it conflicts with sandboxing on Mountain Lion causing playback problems
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2012-04-17 | Download
What's New in Version 2.1
- The chord dictionary allows to define custom chord diagrams, in case the automatically generated ones are not enough.
- Improved the quality of prints.
- Improved the importer of GP5 files.
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2012-03-10 | Download
What's New in Version 2.0
- Snow Leopard is now the minimum required OS X version.
- Added 64-bit support.
- Added support for document versions on Lion.
- Version 1.41 | Release Date: 2012-01-31 | Download
What's New in Version 1.41
- When editing a chord name, a double click on a row of the Cached Chords Names table will be enough to select the chord and confirm it.
- Added a keyboard shortcut to insert a double bar: F
- MIDI playback: play legato slides without striking the second note.
- Version 1.40 | Release Date: 2011-11-23 | Download
What's New in Version 1.40
Prevent System->Remove Staff from deleting the bar lines from the remaining staves of the system.
- Version 1.39 | Release Date: 2011-10-28 | Download
- Limit the length of helper lines in standard notation, to make them more pleasant when there are few positions in the system.
- Sometimes wrapping ties were not updated correctly when performing certain edit operations. Fixed.
- Prevent fermata symbols from overlapping on whole notes on the first notation line.
- Draw wrapping tie arcs for rhythm slashes too.
- Updated the Apple Remote support to work with Lion too.
- Version 1.38 | Release Date: 2011-07-04 | Download
- Fixed playback of GuitarPro documents with only one score.
- Improved readability of fret numbers in the tablature.
- Version 1.37 | Release Date: 2011-06-13 | Download
- When editing a barline, the beaming pattern can optionally be applied from the current bar to the end of the score.
- Improved copy & paste when working on a single staff.
- Preferences: added option to automatically create new sections. If set, a new empty section will be added upon entering a note on the last position of the last section of the score.
- Version 1.36 | Release Date: 2011-04-23 | Download
- Fixed a crash occurring when "Automatically insert barlines" was enabled and there was no visible time signature on the score.
- Fixed a crash occurring when starting MIDI playback while a floating text was being edited.
- Version 1.35 | Release Date: 2011-04-02 | Download
- Corrected the formula for diminished chords in the Chord Dictionary.
- The size of chord diagrams is configurable among the preferences.
- A couple of other minor fixes.
- Version 1.34 | Release Date: 2011-01-05 | Download
- The handling of dynamics in GP files has been improved.
- The play rate slider in the toolbar now shows the scaling factor too. Also, it's possible to click on the percentage to edit the value manually.
- Version 1.33 | Release Date: 2010-11-22 | Download
- Compatibility with GP5 files containing chord information has been improved.
- An option to use spacebar to toggle playback instead of inserting empty positions has been added to Preferences. x/X will replace the function of spacebar/shift+spacebar when this option is set.
- Version 1.32 | Release Date: 2010-10-29 | Download
- Standard notation: in some cases, tie arcs were not drawn correctly. Fixed.
- Floating texts remain visible even when switching to tablature or standard notation only mode. Only those texts that would have appeared in the hidden parts won't be shown. Editing floating texts in these modes is still not supported.
- Version 1.31 | Release Date: 2010-10-02 | Download
- Fixed problems in the Guitar Pro importer.
- Improved the rendering of hammer-on/pull-off ties.
- Version 1.30 | Release Date: 2010-09-13 | Download
- Added an option to automatically insert barlines.
- Floating texts can be removed by dragging them out of the score.
- Pressing the alt key while starting to move a floating text will clone it.
- Pressing the shift key while moving a floating text will keep it aligned to its original position.
- Tuning dictionary: updated the tunings for banjos.
- Print has been tweaked to exploit the full printable area.
- Added keyboard shortcuts to toggle pick strokes down/up (k/K).
- Version 1.29 | Release Date: 2010-08-18 | Download
- The Chord Dictionary panel can be resized.
- It's possible to click on the zoom value to edit it, for those who don't always like to use the slider.
- When editing a bend, "Release (gradual)" couldn't be set correctly. It has been fixed.
- A keyboard shortcut to toggle chord names has been added: c.
- Version 1.28 | Release Date: 2010-06-28 | Download
- Added support to read and save Unicode strings. This means that now you can use any character set you want (Japanese, Korean, Greek, etcâ¦) and your texts won't be mangled upon saving.
- Version 1.27 | Release Date: 2010-05-29 | Download
Added some extra tunings (e.g. Violin) in the Choose Tuning list.
- Version 1.26 | Release Date: 2010-04-20 | Download
- Guitar tunings will be shown as reference in the tablature header.
- Remember the last used Display Mode when opening a new window.
- Standard notation: improved rendering of tie arcs so that they never overlap.
- Improved rendering of tablature symbols (e.g. picking stroke directions) when using a bigger-than-usual tablature font size.
- Version 1.25 | Release Date: 2010-03-19 | Download
- Fixed a crash occurring when changing the Tablature Staff/Chord Names properties on GuitarPro files.
- Make sure that the last remaining guitar in a score cannot be removed.
- Version 1.24 | Release Date: 2010-02-22 | Download
- Guitar In symbols could disappear when undoing a change to a system. Fixed.
- Improved stability when editing the tablature while playback is in progress.
- Version 1.23 | Release Date: 2010-01-09 | Download
- Implemented a workaround for a Mac OS X/Xcode bug that caused some crashes while saving certain tablatures.
- Version 1.22 | Release Date: 2009-12-29 | Download
- This release adds keyboard shortcuts to several items of the System menu.
- Version 1.21 | Release Date: 2009-12-21 | Download
- Added option to change the size of chord names (Edit -> Chord Names Properties...).
- Improved rendering in tablature-only display to prevent chord names to overlap with the first notation line.
- Version 1.20 | Release Date: 2009-11-05 | Download
- MIDI playback: the tempo slider can be used to speed the song up too (up to 2x faster than the tempo set in the document).
- Standard notation: extra notation lines could be drawn with an huge length, thus causing excessive slowdown, when a system contained many positions. Fixed.
- Version 1.19 | Release Date: 2009-10-08 | Download
- Chord Dictionary: disable the "Add to Score" button when no document is open.
- Disabled autosave on GuitarPro documents, to avoid problems. It's a good practice to convert GP docs to PowerTab before starting to edit them, anyway.
- Version 1.18 | Release Date: 2009-09-07 | Download
- Preferences: added an option to save documents automatically every X minutes. Autosaved documents will appear as "name (Autosaved).ptb" in the same directory of the original document, or in "~/Library/Autosave Information" for new, never saved before documents. In case Tablatures crashes, autosaved documents will automatically be reopened.
- Editing the tablature or performing undo/redo while playback was looping over a section could result in a crash. Fixed.
- Fixed a crash that occurred trying to add a system above the first one, when the first one didn't have any tempo markers.
- Version 1.17 | Release Date: 2009-08-06 | Download
This version improves stability in a couple of situations.
- Version 1.16 | Release Date: 2009-07-14 | Download
Fixed a crash that occurred with scores containing a Guitar In symbol for a non-defined guitar.
- Version 1.15 | Release Date: 2009-07-02 | Download
This release fixes a crash that would happen trying to undo a change in a system containing dynamics.
- Version 1.14 | Release Date: 2009-06-23 | Download
- Mac OS X 10.4 is the new minimum requirement.
- Removed some code needed to work around some OS X 10.3 bugs.
- Expanded the Chord Dictionary with many voicings missing an optional note (e.g. 7th without 5th).
- Save as... will properly change file type to .ptb when used with Guitar Pro documents.
- Version 1.13 | Release Date: 2009-04-16 | Download
Apart from fixing a MIDI playback issue, it implements a feature that's been requested by several users: the option to change the tablature font size. You'll find it using the "Edit" -> "Tablature Staff Properties..." menu.
- Version 1.12 | Release Date: 2009-03-12 | Download
- Standard notation: fixed some rendering errors.
- Rhythm slash: fixed a rendering bug involving beamings of 16th notes.
- Version 1.11 | Release Date: 2009-01-07 | Download
- Added floating texts: you can place a text box anywhere you want, simply drag'n'drop the floating text from the Musical Symbols Panel and edit it to your heart's desire.
- Standard notation: consecutive octave offset symbols (e.g. "8va") will be grouped together.
- The beaming algorithm has been improved.
- Version 1.10 | Release Date: 2008-10-27 | Download
- Copy & Paste support has been completely rewritten in order to overcome the shortcomings of the first, simple implementation.
- When deleting a selection, everything inside it will be removed (chord texts, directions, etc...). In the previous version, only notes and barlines were deleted, but that wasn't so intuitive or useful.
- Version 1.9 | Release Date: 2008-08-26 | Download
- Added a zoom slider at the bottom of the window.
- The line spacing for the tablature staff can be adjusted (see the menu "Edit" -> "Tablature Staff Properties...").
- MIDI playback: when a repeat end bar line is encountered, its repeat count value is ignored if there are alternate endings in the bar. This behaviour is similar to that of PowerTabEditor.
- MIDI playback: added an option to start with a metronome intro ("MIDI" -> "Metronome Intro").
- Version 1.8 | Release Date: 2008-07-10 | Download
- Added an option to draw left-handed chord diagrams.
- MIDI playback can be paused. A pause button is available among those that can be added to the toolbar.
- Added "Uniform Positions Width" in the Score menu: it makes the width of positions (i.e. the distance between notes) uniform across the whole score.
- Version 1.7 | Release Date: 2008-05-28 | Download
- Added an option to configure the page footer (used when printing).
- Added an option to reopen the last used document at start up.
- Version 1.6 | Release Date: 2008-04-25 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($34.99)