- Version 1.5.2 | Release Date: 2007-07-15 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 1.5.1 | Release Date: 2007-04-14 | Download
â¢ Fixed iTunes 7 skin LCD frequency spectrum visualizer (was left un-themed) on iTunes 7.1 and 7.1.1. Please note that the LCD frequency spectrum visualizer colors are "hardcoded" in the binary itself and not simply images. UNO makes a backup of your iTunes binary; copies it to a temp folder; changes the color values (106 hex values); if no errors occurs UNO check the MD5 of the resulting file; and only if the verification succeeds UNO will copy it to the final destination. UNO will not even attempt to do this patch if the iTunes version is unknown.
â¢ Fixed an issue that would prevent UNO from functioning correctly at first launch if User had never changed Appearance Options in System Preferences (UNO would be looking for a non existing key).
â¢ Made all file handling less dependent on environment variables (this enhances reliability on systems with "messed up" environment variables).
â¢ Assigned "Enter/Return" key to "Install" and "OK" buttons. Assigned "Esc" key to "Cancel" buttons. (This allow less mouse clicking and is a temporary workaround to allow UNO installation on 800×600 setups by pressing "Enter" at the "Install" panel).
â¢ Code cleanup and UI cleanup.Removed unused UI elements and unused code blocks left over from a experimental feature that could be the culprit of a rare problem.
â¢ Updated French localization by Thomas Didrel (http://tototoolco.com/)
â¢ Updated Chinese localization by Jimmy Ti.
â¢ Updated German localization by Andre Hoffmann (http://effzehn.de/)
â¢ Small menubar items (20% reduction) are back by popular request. This is temporally available in the form of an alt version - check UNO downloads section. This alt version is only temporary because next version of UNO will integrate this elements (and other elements) as options.
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2007-03-25 | Download
- Complete rewrite of UNO.
- New UNO installer with animated window size transitions (ÃÂ¡ lÃÂ¡ System Preferences), window transparency fade in/out, revamped customize installation panel and live preview (more comfortable windows preview size), new progress indicators and bezel messages.
- Added the ability to browse to applications path if Preview, QuickTime, Safari, iTunes or Mail aren't found at the default location (Applications folder).
- Better error handling: If User cancels browsing to "not found" apps path, or if User points to the wrong app, or if iTunes version is not supported or only partially supported, the options for that app will appear as disabled in the customize installation panel. Also, a little yellow warning badge will appear next to that app options (mouse over the warning badge to get a tooltip info on the problem, click the badge to solve the problem).
- If found iTunes version is 6, UNO Graphite, UNO Shade Blue and UNO Shade Graphite options will be disabled in the popup selector.
- Improved safety: UNO double checks file integrity before install/uninstall. MD5 and CRC32 key values are now verified. If corrupt files are found UNO warns the User and quits without making any change.
- Disabled installation on Leopard (10.5). Even if it was reported as working with the latest developer preview builds, because Leopard should go Gold shortly and with all the rumors of a new GUI, this seems the right thing to do.
- Added a warning if Backup is not found when User tries to "Restore from Backup".
- Added "Restore from Backup" toolbar item (was only available from the main menu on previous versions).
- Updated "guifix" to handle the new files.
- For enhanced reliability "guifix" only handles the restoration of crucial system files (application skins must be restored by UNO app).
- Added "UNO FAQs" and "Visit interacto.net" menu items to the "Help" menu.
- Added button linking to interacto.net to the main window's bottom corner.
- Added "Donate" button to the "Info" panel.
- UNO window is now always centered on the screen at launch.
- UNO doesn't quit iTunes before install anymore.
- Redone UNO icon from a hi-res 32 bits 512×512 matrix.
- New UNO dmg package with link to "Applications" folder for easy install and link to UNO FAQs.
- Better file handle algorithms.
- Random slogans.
- UNO installer UI is now a single NIB.
- Added Russian localization - by Mikhail Fedoseev.
- Added Dutch localization - by Gerrit Vanoppen (http://homepage.mac.com/gerritvanoppen/).
- Added Czech localization - by Zoltan Levai.
Ã¢â¬Â¢ Updated Spanish localization - by Rodrigo Fernandez-Romero (http://greenleafstudios.es/).
- Updated Italian localization - by Claudio (http://shieldnet.tk/).
- For translators: No more need to edit NIB files to localize UNO. All strings are now parsed from the "Localizable.strings" file and rich text found in "Info" panel is retrieved from a localized "ReadMe" file.
- Toolbar items selected items is now properly shown in UNO installer.
- Fixed the GUI glitch of window headers in all UNO variations (some parts where not themed in vertical tabs) in applications like PalmDesktop.
- Fixed the "long-standing" QuickTime bottom corners glitch (were showing white artifacts).
- New truly consistent (*) General Appearance (Blue/Graphite) and Highlight Color (Blue/Graphite/Red/Gold, etc...) options can be set within UNO and are reflected in Live Preview. UNO respects your current Appearance option as set in System Preferences and shows accordingly at launch. (*) We say consistent because, unlike the System Preferences Appearance Option, if User selects Graphite look in UNO the Finder sidebar selection, User PrefPane selection, Mail, Safari, QuickTime, iTunes, etc, will be actually Graphite.
- The General Appearance option popup selector acts like a master key: When User selects Blue or Graphite all other related option (apps skins) will be set accordingly (User can then change the skins individually).
- New option: iTunes skin (for version 7.1 and later) fully Aquified (even bottom buttons and LCD display) with square bottom window corners reaching perfect UNO integration. iTunes skin is available in UNO Blue, UNO Graphite, UNO Shade Blue and UNO Shade Graphite. - Thanks to Gerrit Vanoppen.
- New option: Preview UNO skin, mixable with UNO or UNO Shade window texture. - By Gerrit Vanoppen.
- New option: Safari skins available in Blue and Graphite variations, mixable with UNO or UNO Shade window texture. - By Gerrit Vanoppen.
- New option: Apple Mail skins available in Blue and Graphite variations, mixable with UNO or UNO Shade window texture. - By Gerrit Vanoppen.
- New option: QuickTime skins available in Blue and Graphite variations, mixable with UNO or UNO Shade window texture - By Gerrit Vanoppen.
- Version 1.3 | Release Date: 2006-07-21 | Download
â¢ UNO is now Universal Binary (ready for Intel/PPC architecture based Macs) - thanks to Colin Cornaby for Extras2Extras2.
â¢ Introduced UNO shade (a slightly darker variation of UNO).
â¢ New customize panel with live preview (it is now possible to, optionally, assign any variation of UNO and/or the default Aqua UI look to diferent GUI elements. Overall GUI contrast can be achieved by mixing UNO with UNO shade).
â¢ Added "guifix", a troubleshooting restore option Ã¡la ThemeChanger's "tcfix". (If something goes wrong, press "command + s" during boot to enter single user mode and enter "guifix" at prompt. "guifix" will check you disks for errors, fix them if any, restore your GUI files from backup and reboot.)
â¢ Uninstall should now be fail-proof. Added "Uninstall" in addition to "Restore from Backup".
â¢ Merged iTuno with UNO (UNO concept is now ONE download).
â¢ UNO is rebuild against new UI resources file (requires Mac OS X 10.4.4 or later).
â¢ Changed OS version check method (some Tiger systems upgraded from Panther were being miss identified as 10.3).
â¢ Added iTunes version check (requires iTunes 6.0.2 or later).
â¢ Fixed iTunes bottom corners - thanks to Ephica (were a bit jagged).
â¢ Added compatibility with Firefox 1.5.x and Thunderbird 1.5.x.
â¢ Refined unified toolbar gradient.
â¢ Reduced Spotlight and Apple menu items size by 20%.
â¢ Enhanced UNO integration with Firefox to be more compatible with 3Âº party themes - thanks to Aronnax.
â¢ Reduced the slightly dimmed title text on some metal windows (reduced, not fixed).
â¢ Fixed a tone mismatch between text background and window background (was notorious at iTunes advanced preferences panel; WorkStrip about panel; ...).
â¢ Fixed a glitch found on metal drawers (a horizontal gradient overlay was present).
â¢ Added Install, Uninstall, Restore from Backup, Remove guifix and More Info menu items.
â¢ Other minor installer enhancements.
- Version 0.1 | Release Date: 2006-03-04 | Download
- Version 0.1 | Release Date: 2006-03-04 | Download
- Version 1.3.2 | Release Date: 1970-01-01 | Download
- No changes specified