- Version 3.7.2 | Release Date: 2014-05-07 | Download
What's New in Version 3.7.2
- Option to Remove Duplicate Frames During Recording – This option allows for reducing the file size by cutting out unnecessary frames, thus making for crisper videos.
- Pinch Gesture Support for Workbench Images to Instantly Zoom In/Out – Voila now includes support for gestures, applicable to images on the workbench. You can now zoom in and out effortlessly by pinching on the trackpad or Magic Mouse.
- New Dock Menu with Capture and Recording Options – The Voila dock icon now includes options to capture and record instantly! Just right-click and get access to a variety of screen capture options.
- Option To Show/Hide The Mouse Cursor in Recordings – Before initiating a screen recording, you now get to choose if you want the mouse cursor to be seen in recordings.
- Customized Video Trimmer for Mac OS X 10.9 and Later – Voila now allows videos to be directly imported into QuickTime for trimming. Also, the edited video is automatically sent back to Voila directly for easier management.
- Import Files Into Voila By Drag and Drop – Send files directly to voila by dragging and dropping them to the newly redesigned status menu icon.
- FTP & SFTP Improvements – The FTP/SFTP sharing has seen a marked change to make it easier and simpler to use.
- Paint Tool Improvements – The paint tool is now much better and splashes color intelligently across elements in a picture.
- Restore HotKeys Option – You can easily restore your HotKeys to the default settings.
- "Save as" Option for Videos – Videos can now be saved directly by visiting File>Save As and selecting a location.
- File size issues have been fixed.
- The ‘Select all' option now works properly after adding annotations.
- Voila now saves lengthy videos without a hitch.
- Users can now save as documents even if the name contains a dot.
- The send to application option now works even if the name contains dot.
- After selecting the workbench, choosing ‘Copy' now doesn’t crash Voila.
Optimization and Enhancements
- The Voila Player has been updated from QuickTime to AVFoundation.
- Webcam handling is now done using the latest AVFoundation APIs.
- The Voila assistant window has now been built with HUD window.
- Email client support – The latest generic APIs have been used instead of scripts.
- Options have been provided in Voila’s main window as well as in the dock menu to stop recording.
- Voila now lists all accounts during the first launch.
- Upload notifications are now sent through the OS X notification center.
- The Voila helper menu icon has been updated.
- Animated fading out of the recording window to highlight the Voila status menu.
- Certain Voila preference options have been rearranged.
- Version 3.7.1 | Release Date: 2014-03-03 | Download
What's New in Version 3.7.1
Minor improvements but great results!
- Retina screen recording quality is now top notch!
- File sharing on FTP/sFTP is now smooth
Your positive reviews and (five) star ratings will let us and rest of the Mac community know how useful Voila is..
- Version 3.7 | Release Date: 2014-02-07 | Download
What's New in Version 3.7
Voila screen capture latest update brings huge improvements and bug fixes on OS X Mavericks (10.9).
• FPS improvements – now record up to 60 frames-per-second!
• Improved tagging functionality per the new Mavericks OS X feature
• Scale down retina images while exporting by up to 2x
• New social media integrations, including Facebook, Twitter and Vimeo
• Integration with Messages and Airdrop (for 10.8 and above)
• New timer to set screen recording duration
• Add capture date and time to file naming convention
• Airmail email client support
Bug Fixes/ Improvements:
• Workbench related fixes
• Resolved broken web capture pixel issue
• Disabled tools and effects for video recording
• Resolved missing pixel issue on selection captures
• Object capture fixes, including MS Office windows, Simulator or iBook window
- Version 3.6 | Release Date: 2013-10-25 | Download
What's New in Version 3.6
- Voila runs smoothly on 10.9.
- Voila 3.6 is now sandboxed.**
- Voila is now localized to support German.
- A revamped Text tool to make screenshots express itself much better.
- Addition of knobs to the Capture and Object tools for easy maneuverability.
- A re-tooled Export panel for videos on Macs running OS X 10.7 and above.
- In the webpage capture, find your captures faster with the unified search bar.
Performance and Quality enhancements:
- Retention of tool properties has been added.
- Renaming images will no longer render the thumbnail blank.
- Zoom value and slider position for images will be remembered.
- A bug causing H.264 video record pixelation has been quashed.
- Improved handling of low disk space issues during a lengthy video recording.
- A bug causing special characters to be non-functional in the Text tool has been fixed.
- Voila’s in-app web browser now loads the default Voila browser page instead of the last visited site.
- Addition of a Zero px width value for Callouts and Shapes benefitting those who prefer thinner lines.
- Scenarios where files don’t get saved when custom dimensions are entered in ‘Save As’ has now been fixed.
- For captures using an external non-retina display connected to a MacBook Pro with retina display, the captures are 2x bigger.
Improvements made for the OS X 10.9 release:
- Voila doesn’t crash anymore when importing files into it.
- An issue related to taking captures using the menu bar has been rectified.
- Screen captures using an external display now works smoothly without problems.
- Shadow lines present in description box and the out-of-place slider during video playback have been fixed.
Sandboxing changes and tips:
1. Due to certain incompatibilities, the 'Override System Defaults' option has been removed. The new defaults are ^⌘3 and ^⌘4 for 'Fullscreen' and 'Selection' capture respectively.
2. On updating to the new version, the old set of default hotkeys ( ⇧⌘4/⇧⌘3) get replaced with new ones (^⌘3 and ^⌘4). Other Hotkeys remain the same.
3. On updating Voila to v3.6, if the Voila library is placed in a location other than the 'Pictures' folder, a message is displayed asking users to select the location of Voila's current library. Change the location from Preferences and you'll see your captures back in the app.
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2013-08-21 | Download
What's New in Version 3.5
- Support for Dropbox, Evernote, and Tumblr sharing
- Remember previous capture selection shape and location for image capture and video record
- Option to capture window without shadow
- Re-arrange Smart Collection and Collection folder order
- Info panel shows file size
- Fixed capture defects with USB camera
- Fixed Audio recording issue with USB camera
** A great review and rating means a lot to us and works like a tonic to release v3.6 with some amazing enhancements **
** Your valuable feedback will help us understand the way you use Voila screen capture and improve it further. Please send them to [email protected] **
- Version 3.4 | Release Date: 2013-06-26 | Download
What's New in Version 3.4
1. Pause option while doing a screen recording
2. Voila menu icon which lets you take screenshots using keyboard shortcuts
3. Tag auto completion: This helps to find better matches of tags by providing a drop-down list that is already added earlier to other image/video files
4. Postbox mailing client integration
1. Error while saving video when USB device is selected
2. YouTube login related defect, new authentication type added
3. Audio recording related issue fixed
A great review and rating would keep us charged to get some nice updates! :)
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2012-08-10 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2
Fully compatible with the OS X Mountain Lion
- Version 3.1.1 | Release Date: 2011-11-13 | Download
- No changes specified