- Version 3.6 | Release Date: 2013-10-25 | Download
What's New in Version 3.6
- Voila runs smoothly on 10.9.
- Voila 3.6 is now sandboxed.**
- Voila is now localized to support German.
- A revamped Text tool to make screenshots express itself much better.
- Addition of knobs to the Capture and Object tools for easy maneuverability.
- A re-tooled Export panel for videos on Macs running OS X 10.7 and above.
- In the webpage capture, find your captures faster with the unified search bar.
Performance and Quality enhancements:
- Retention of tool properties has been added.
- Renaming images will no longer render the thumbnail blank.
- Zoom value and slider position for images will be remembered.
- A bug causing H.264 video record pixelation has been quashed.
- Improved handling of low disk space issues during a lengthy video recording.
- A bug causing special characters to be non-functional in the Text tool has been fixed.
- Voila’s in-app web browser now loads the default Voila browser page instead of the last visited site.
- Addition of a Zero px width value for Callouts and Shapes benefitting those who prefer thinner lines.
- Scenarios where files don’t get saved when custom dimensions are entered in ‘Save As’ has now been fixed.
- For captures using an external non-retina display connected to a MacBook Pro with retina display, the captures are 2x bigger.
Improvements made for the OS X 10.9 release:
- Voila doesn’t crash anymore when importing files into it.
- An issue related to taking captures using the menu bar has been rectified.
- Screen captures using an external display now works smoothly without problems.
- Shadow lines present in description box and the out-of-place slider during video playback have been fixed.
Sandboxing changes and tips:
1. Due to certain incompatibilities, the 'Override System Defaults' option has been removed. The new defaults are ^⌘3 and ^⌘4 for 'Fullscreen' and 'Selection' capture respectively.
2. On updating to the new version, the old set of default hotkeys ( ⇧⌘4/⇧⌘3) get replaced with new ones (^⌘3 and ^⌘4). Other Hotkeys remain the same.
3. On updating Voila to v3.6, if the Voila library is placed in a location other than the 'Pictures' folder, a message is displayed asking users to select the location of Voila's current library. Change the location from Preferences and you'll see your captures back in the app.
- Version 3.5 | Release Date: 2013-08-21 | Download
What's New in Version 3.5
- Support for Dropbox, Evernote, and Tumblr sharing
- Remember previous capture selection shape and location for image capture and video record
- Option to capture window without shadow
- Re-arrange Smart Collection and Collection folder order
- Info panel shows file size
- Fixed capture defects with USB camera
- Fixed Audio recording issue with USB camera
** A great review and rating means a lot to us and works like a tonic to release v3.6 with some amazing enhancements **
** Your valuable feedback will help us understand the way you use Voila screen capture and improve it further. Please send them to [email protected] **
- Version 3.4 | Release Date: 2013-06-26 | Download
What's New in Version 3.4
1. Pause option while doing a screen recording
2. Voila menu icon which lets you take screenshots using keyboard shortcuts
3. Tag auto completion: This helps to find better matches of tags by providing a drop-down list that is already added earlier to other image/video files
4. Postbox mailing client integration
1. Error while saving video when USB device is selected
2. YouTube login related defect, new authentication type added
3. Audio recording related issue fixed
A great review and rating would keep us charged to get some nice updates! :)
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2012-08-10 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2
Fully compatible with the OS X Mountain Lion
- Version 3.1.1 | Release Date: 2011-11-13 | Download
- No changes specified