- Version 3.2.1 | Release Date: 2012-08-09 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2.1
* Fix: Sandboxing issue with QuickCursor
* Fix: Sandboxing issue when changing between plain text and rich text
* Fix: Crash when using Shift Left in some circumstances
- Version 3.2 | Release Date: 2012-07-17 | Download
What's New in Version 3.2
* RTF Behavior: Opening rich text documents in WriteRoom will display in the theme's colors, but font and actual text color settings are not overwritten unless manually changed by you
* Added: Toggle to view rich text documents with their actual text color
* Fixed: Text color always saved as black in rich text documents
* Fixed: Scroll-to-top on find and replace
* Fixed: Cases which could cause typing lag
* Fixed: Disabling Typewriter scrolling would also disable auto-indent
* Enabled sandboxing
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2012-02-15 | Download
What's New in Version 3.1
* Added: Text scaling for themes (View menu > Scale)
* Added: Kerning settings now saved in themes (Format menu > Font > Kern)
* Fixed: Text color did not change to match theme when converting plain text to rich text
* Fixed: Line spacing issue in rich text documents
* Removed: Unused "Edits Length" column from session tracker csv
* Theme Text Behavior: When using rich text, themes will not change existing font or color properties of your text. For plain text, themes will change these based on theme presets.
- Version 3.0.1 | Release Date: 2011-11-24 | Download
• Added link to 'Downloadable More Themes...' in Themes menu.
• 'Show Formatting Toolbar' displays properly in all rich text documents.
• Works better with QuickCursor, no untitled window opened, and always sends text back.
• Documents ending in
- Version 2.3.7 | Release Date: 2008-02-04 | Download
Fixed Conflict that caused problems when using WriteRoom from MarsEdit.
- Version 2.3.6 | Release Date: 2007-11-13 | Download
- Added Keyboard shortcut for "Paste and Match Style"
- Fixed The screen (when using multiple monitors) that is being used to display full screen mode is no remembered and restored next time you open your document. This setting was always reverting to the main screen.
- Version 2.3.5 | Release Date: 2007-11-08 | Download
- Fixed Registration sequence bug. The registration screen was showing up to soon during the registration process, and that meant that people could not copy and paste their license keys into WriteRoom because the copy and paste menu items had not yet been created.
- Version 2.3.4 | Release Date: 2007-10-29 | Download
- Added Preference to change auto-save period, or turn off auto-save.
- Added Acknowledgments menu item pointing to open source projects that WriteRoom uses.
- Fixed Problem that would cause WriteRoom to freeze while quitting.
- Fixed Errors that would happen while typing on Leopard in full screen mode.
- Fixed Cursor color problems when running on Leopard.
- Version 2.3.2 | Release Date: 2007-10-24 | Download
- Added Full screen preference to not auto-hide the menu bar. When the menu bar isn't in auto-hide mode the "Open Recent" menu item will also work when in full screen mode.
- Added page counting, works only when in "Wrap to Page" mode, and with the selection empty.
- Added new Sparkle based automatic software updates.
- Added new license key system. The trial is now clearer (30 days), and licenses are no longer in files which created problems for some. Existing WriteRoom users will need to (FREE) update their license's to work with the new system.
- Changed to common code base with TaskPaper.
- Version 2.2 | Release Date: 2007-07-26 | Download
- Added option to turn off all font smoothing (anti-aliasing) in the editor.
- Added option to turn off screen fade when entering/exiting full screen mode.
- Added option to always add a â.txtâ file extension when saving plain text files.
- Added color setting for the document info and scrollbar displays in full screen mode.
- Changed the icon to be simpler and made it a vector graphic so that it will look good on Leopard.
- Changed a number of minor details such as making the check for updates feature work with this new site.
- Version 2.1 | Release Date: 2007-02-20 | Download
- Added - Word Count for selected text.
- Added - Adjustable scroll line position for typewriter scrolling giving you more control on where you type.
- Fixed - Cursor position should now be remembered when exiting full screen mode.
- Fixed - Unnecessary growing of text view in some cases, a situation that would create a lot of blank space at the end of a document.
- Fixed - Lost typing attributes problem that could cause font's to be messed up when switching to full screen mode.
- Version 2.0 | Release Date: 2007-01-02 | Download
- Added Auto-scale when moving to full-screen.
- Added Show invisibles command to display whitespace characters.
- Added Option to not auto-hide document info toolbar while in full screen mode.
- Added Option to highlight the current line that is being edited.
- Added Option to use full screen colors in standard window mode, like was done in WriteRoom 1.0.
- Added Additional spacing options above and below the scroll view in full screen mode.
- Version 2.0 Beta | Release Date: 2006-12-03 | Download
<p>WriteRoom 2.0 is a complete rewrite. There are many new features and improvements, but most of all WriteRoom is still 100% focused on being your distraction free writing environment. Please try out this beta and let me know how to make it even better. See the <a href="http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/product/writeroom/releasenotes">release notes</a> for a detailed list of changes.</p>
- Version 1.0 | Release Date: 2006-08-18 | Download
<li>Added <a href="http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/node/1377">Remembering positions of windows that are not full screen.</a></li>
<li>Changed <a href="http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/node/1112">Scroll bar now becomes visible after any mouse movement.</a></li>
<li>Fixed <a href="http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/node/1400">Problem that would make it hard to see mouse cursor when over text.</a></li>
<li>Fixed <a href="http://www.hogbaysoftware.com/node/1247">Crash that would occasionally happen when exiting full screen mode.</a></li>
- Version 1.0 Beta 3 | Release Date: 2006-07-09 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 2.0.1 | Release Date: 1970-01-01 | Download
- Fixed Insertion point bug that caused non block cursor to not show.
- Changed keyboard shortcut to enter/exit full screen mode so that it won't conflict with FrontRow. Now use Cmd-Return, or as always you can just hit the escape key.
Licence: Shareware ($9.99)