- Version 3.3.2 | Release Date: 2008-06-19 | Download
As promised, here's yFlicks 3.3.2, which fixes a bug that resulted in a hanging yflickscrawler process and, consequently, non-working preview image creation with QuickTime 7.5 installed. This version also works around a bug in Apple's URL loading frameworks that resulted in long download connection delays under certain circumstances (background info for fellow developers: NSURLConnections based on NSMutableURLRequests don't obey their timeout setting, so we had to emulate that time-out).
And last but not least, yFlicks now speaks French. Merci beaucoup, Ronald!
- Version 3.3.1 | Release Date: 2008-04-21 | Download
There are quite a number of improvements in yFlicks 3.3: First of all, our eye candy department wants you to know that you can now browse your movies in coverflow mode (Mac OS X 10.5 only, sorry). And if you're using yFlicks's Usher mode to have Front Row display your movies in a hierarchical fashion, you will be pleased to hear that yFlicks can now include your iTunes movies in its library. Apple doesn't want us to play back movies you've bought from the iTunes store, but you will be able to organize those movies in your smart groups nevertheless.
In other news, we've added something we had been promising since yFlicks 1.0: more conversion/export options. You're no longer restricted to exporting to MPEG-4, and converting a movie no longer blocks yFlicks. We've also improved the web video downloading mechanism quite significantly. Downloading those movies is now much less likely to fail, as we've added something we like to call the generic web media detector. Said detector not only makes yFlicks work with a lot more video sites than before, it also supports things like downloading MP3 files from MySpace, for instance. And once you've downloaded a web video, you can now have yFlicks convert that video to something your iPhone/iPod can work with automatically. Just in time to meet today's 50%-off macZOT promo, both yFlicks and TubiTunes are now capable of downloading the higher-quality MPEG-4 file for a given movie from YouTube, if available.
- Version 3.1 | Release Date: 2008-01-11 | Download
- [new] you can now have yFlicks treat a sequence of movies as one composite movie by selecting them and choosing "Merge Movie Sequence..." from the "File" menu -- "Split Movie Sequence..." undoes this process
- [new] crop movies to get rid of black borders above and below a movie, for instance ("Display" menu > "Crop Visible Area...")
- [new] preference for hiding the temporary storage when empty ("Appearance" preferences)
- [new] set a custom aspect ratio that will be remembered as a default for a given movie ("Display" menu > "Set Aspect Ratio")
- [new] file size and counter can now be displayed in list mode ("Display" menu > "Columns")
- [new] you can now specify the relative point in time where a movie's preview image should be taken (default: 5%), which is useful, because a lot of movies start with a black frame, so showing the first frame as a preview image isn't really helpful ("Appearance" preferences)
- [improved] scrolling through lots of preview/cover images is much more responsive, because those image are now loaded asynchronously
- [improved] item counts now reflect the total number of movies in a given group by default (see "Appearance" preferences for additional options)
- [improved] settings like visible table columns and preview size are now saved separately for each library
- [improved] holding [option] while changing the preview/cover image size now snaps that size to values that make optimal use of the current window width
- countless small bugfixes and improvements
- Available languages: English, German.
- Version 3.0.2 | Release Date: 2007-12-11 | Download
- [improved] non-blocking movie data caching (preview image, duration), resulting in dramatically reduced pizza wheel delays when adding new movies to your yFlicks library
- [improved] show an overlay slider control for movie previews, giving you the possibility to skim entire movies with minmal effort
- [improved] date subgroups, as created by smart groups that are subdivided by date, are now named as "YYYY-MM-DD" in Usher-mode file system folders, resulting in a correct sorting order in Front Row
- [fixed] collegehumor.com
- [fixed] some smaller issues affecting fullscreen mode, file name clash prevention, etc.
- [new] German localization
- Available languages: English, German.
- Version 3.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-11-26 | Download
- [fixed] bug in sorting subdivided smart groups
- [fixed] minor cosmetical issues
- Version 3.0 | Release Date: 2007-11-20 | Download
- [new] custom tags (e.g., "Cast", "Director"), including auto-tagging by querying Amazon's online movie database
- [new] subdivided smart groups (e.g., browser your movies "by Director")
- [new] DVD cover images are downloaded automatically when auto-tagging
- [new] detect new files in the yFlicks library folder automatically
- [new] batch rename movies in info dialog
- [new] item counts for organized file system folders
- [new] choose application to view a movie once/by default
- [new] drag & drop URLs to the dock icon to open them in yFlicks
- [new] play/pause, jump forward, jump backward via new Apple keyboard's media keys
- [new] Path Finder support
- [improved] select/delete/drag items in preview mode
- [improved] multiple selection in library
- [improved] starting up faster, sorting faster
- [improved] double-clicking on elapsed/remaining time jumps to beginning/end of movie
- [fixed] lots of mir errors and performance glitches
- Available language: English. A German localization will be available within the next two weeks.
- Version yFlicks - 2.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-06-11 | Download
Added support for downloading videos from DailyMotion.com and CollegeHumor.com.
Improved context menus, e.g. in presentation mode. You can also rate the currently playing movie via context menu now.
Double-clicking on the currently playing movie now toggles presentation mode (size to fit/crop to screen).
Fixed a bug that made yFlicks throw an exception when sorting an empty group in a certain way.
Fixed a display glitch in list mode.
The main movie view can have keyboard focus again, letting you step through frames via arrow keys.
Changed the keyboard shortcut for rotating a movie to [shift]-[command]-®. You can also rotate movies via context menu now.
Added an optional Leopard-style main window behavior/texture that changes its hue depending on whether yFlicks is the frontmost application.
Available language: English. A German localization is currently in the works.
- Version 1.0.1 | Release Date: 2007-02-13 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Shareware ($24.95)