- Version 2.4.2 | Release Date: 2010-07-01 | Download
- No changes specified
- Version 2.3.6 | Release Date: 2010-01-04 | Download
Version 2.3.6 provides 64-bit support for the Intel architecture - and fixes a critical bug in the trial-period logic. (we skipped version 2.3.5 as this was a beta version).
- Version 2.3.5 | Release Date: 2010-01-04 | Download
Version 2.3.5 provides 64-bit support for the Intel architecture - and fixes a critical bug in the trial-period logic.
- Version 2.3.4 | Release Date: 2009-12-31 | Download
- Tunes the auto-raise logic slightly. The previous (2.3.3) update changed auto-raise so that it fired even when the mouse hadnât been moved. This turns out to be a bad idea if the âShift or Controlâ key is used as the shortcut for auto-raise, as windows will raise under the mouse when typing into a text field. Version 2.3.4 fixes this by only allowing auto-raise if the mouse has been moved.
- Version 2.3.3 | Release Date: 2009-12-17 | Download
- Provides an improved shortcut detection logic. For those of you have click-to-activate enabled: you can now assign the same shortcut for the Move and the AutoRaise command.
- For example, lets assume youâve assigned âAlt/Optionâ to both the Move and AutoRaise commands. When the mouse button is held down then the Move command will be used, as normal. But with this version - if the mouse button isnât held down then the AutoRaise command is used. This means you can use the same shortcut for two commands - and anything that reduces the number of shortcuts is a good thing!
- Version 2.3.2 | Release Date: 2009-12-11 | Download
- A possible âhangâ situation was resolved (it could occur during startup).
- The magnetics and license options now have menu shortcuts in both the status-bar and the dock menu bar.
- After purchasing using KRM (embedded shopping cart), printing the receipt no longer loses focus.
- Auto raise will now wait properly for the time interval to elapse before raising windows
- Performance increase - this version uses less CPU cycles, your laptop battery will be thankful!
- Fixes a crash in the new license scheme
- Version 2.3 | Release Date: 2009-11-17 | Download
- a permissions problem that occurs when Zooom/2 shows or hides its dock icon. This permissions problem would cause the iLife suite (among other programs) to have problems resizing.
- Version 2.2.2 | Release Date: 2008-06-16 | Download
Fixed a bug that stops auto-raise from working if you had specified the 'Require mouse click to activate' option.
- Version 2.2.1 | Release Date: 2008-06-11 | Download
Version 2.2.1 of Zooom/2 is a bugfix release - and is recommended for all users, the list of fixes is:
- a possible corruption of the preferences file
- the Magnetics overlay window shows the grid overlay lines properly the first time its used.
- the Magnetics grid sometimes didn't display itself
- Version 2.2.0 | Release Date: 2008-06-04 | Download
Version 2.2.0 of Zooom/2 introduces window edge snapping, enhanced control of its Magnetics feature, an improved information overlay window, a clearer UI, ignore list improvements and meaningful performance improvements - it is a free upgrade to all existing users of Zooom/2.
This version fixes a problem in v2.0.7 - v2.0.8 that might have cause parts of the desktop to appear as if they was flickering during resize / movement animations.
The biggest change is the 'snap to visible window edge', or 'window snapping' as its sometimes called. The feature, which is part of Zooom/2's Magnetics functionality allows you to align any window cleanly and quickly with any other visible window just by using the existing Move and/or Resize functionality.
With Magnetics its possible to set up the visible-edge snapping to kick in only during move or resize (the default is both modes) - and you can also adjust the 'strength' of the magnetics using a simple slider control.
The ignore list has been enhanced in relation to the window edge snapping of Magnetics. Its now possible to exclude particular programs from the window snapping functionality; just add them into the ignore list and re-enable everything except the 'Magnetics' feature.
In 2.2.0 - the information shown during a move / resize operation has been enhanced. You now see the name of the application being moved, its total window size and the command currently in action.
Slight changes to the wording in order to make the intent of certain functions clearer.
- Version 2.0.8 | Release Date: 2008-05-06 | Download
Version 2.0.8 release provides magnetics reliability improvements, and plugs a couple of memory leaks.
- Version 2.0.7 | Release Date: 2008-04-22 | Download
FIxes up a bug in the zoom (double-click while resize or move is active) functionality that could cause an application to become unresponsive to further keyboard events. This bug only affected applications that we're sized using the zoom double-click functionality.
- Version 2.0.5 | Release Date: 2008-01-27 | Download
Minor issue with magnetics (its smoother now) and price drop to 14.95 USD
- Version 2.0.4 | Release Date: 2007-12-06 | Download
- Fixes up an annoying problem related to Accessibility, if you had toggled the 'Show Icon in Dock' setting - then the Accessibility rights [of Zooom2] were incorrectly modified, and Zooom may have stopped working properly.
- Provides the oft requested ability to hide both the Dock icon as well as the menu-bar menu. To view the Zooom2 settings again, simply double-click/run the Zooom2 application from within Finder.
- Version 2.0.3 | Release Date: 2007-11-10 | Download
- Zooom forces itself to exist on all 'Spaces'. This is required for the magnetics functionality to work properly when the new Leopard 'Spaces' feature is being used.
- The menu-bar menu is now only shown if you are not showing the dock icon (and vice-versa). The rationale here is that there must always be some way for the users to change the settings, so disabling both the dock and the menu-bar menu isn't allowed.
- The Magnetics functionality now works properly for the '4 quadrant' resize functionality, i.e. when resizing a window via the top left corner, the window will properly snap into place if magnetics is switched on.
- Version 2.0.2 | Release Date: 2007-11-07 | Download
The 2.0.2 version is essentially the same as the previous version, but is now an application rather than a System Preferences panel. As Zooom/2 stablizes on Leopard, I'll have the chance to add some new features to it - such as Spaces support and some oft requested functionlity (see the forums).
New features in 2.0.2:
- bug reporter, accessible from the registration panel and the menu
- bar drop down menu
- quadrant resize (beta), which means you can now resize windows from any corner - it works - but its not beautiful, but users have asked for this repeatedly so its now in there
- Version 1.5.2 | Release Date: 2007-05-31 | Download
Contains more memory leak fixes, and is recommended for all users. After tracking down some major leaks in some third party code the software now leaks no memory whatsoever when preference settings are modified.
- Version 1.5.1 | Release Date: 2007-05-25 | Download
Version 1.5.1 of Zooom has been released, and contains the following bug fixes:
- Several memory leaks have been plugged. Lots of memory would be used if the preferences were changed very very often.
- New users often had problems with Zooom appearing not to run at all when it was first installed - this has now (hopefully) been corrected. It was a hard one to test for, so if this problem still occurs - please do let me know.
- Product price adjustment.
- Version 1.5 | Release Date: 2007-02-11 | Download
Version 1.5 has been released, with the ability to snap windows edges to the side of any display (or the dock), or to snap window edges to a 'virtual grid' of your choosing. I call this: Magnetics. The virtual grid can be setup independently on a per-screen basis.
There's also the ability to use the 'Function' key as one of the keyboard shortcuts - making the life of laptop owners a little bit easier. Last but certainly not least there's yet more speed increases in the code, which should translate to a smoother user experience overall.
Download, check the new magnetics capability out - and happy Zooomin!
- Version 1.4.4 | Release Date: 2006-12-06 | Download
Version 1.4.4 introduces the following new functionality:<br><ul><li>Auto updates - settings made from the registration panel</li><li>Move/resize windows without bringing them to the front!</li></ul>This release also fixes a few problems:<ul><li>Microsoft Word windows would 'jump' a certain number of pixels downward when clicked on while the Zooom modifiers were active</li><li>Path Finder now operates correctly with Zooom</li><li>Fixed a problem where Zooom integration with Microsoft applications would sometimes fail after Zooom was restarted by the installer</li></ul>
- Version 1.4.3 | Release Date: 2006-12-03 | Download
Release 1.4.3 fixes an issue with auto-raise - it's a recommended download for all Zooom users.
- Version 1.4.1 | Release Date: 2006-11-26 | Download
Release 1.4.1 brings the following improvements:<br><ul><li>Slightly faster UI detection, which should make the entire tool more intuitive to use</li>
<li>Fixed a bug where Zooom may not have functioned properly if you moved the mouse over the top of another process, and only a few milli-seconds earlier had pressed the move or resize modifiers</li>
<li>Fixed a bug whereby auto-raising an application that was in the ignore list would cause Zooom to stop recognizing the current process under the mouse cursor - until a modifier key was pressed, or Zooom was restarted. This bug made it look like Zooom had simply stopped.</li>
<li>Added logging options, accessible via the Registration panel - more info as to how to use this is available in the online documentation.</li></ul>
- Version 1.2 | Release Date: 2006-11-07 | Download
- No changes specified
Licence: Commercial with demo