Design and build live interactive media with Vuo — a visual programming environment. Drag and drop building blocks to make your own animations, sounds, apps, and more.
Vuo lets media creators make interactive animations, exhibits, performances, and professional-grade media projects by connecting up simple building blocks. Media creators can use these blocks to manipulate audio input, images, layers, videos, and 2D + 3D graphics, as well as record high-quality video of the results. Vuo 1.2 adds the ability to create custom building blocks, further simplifying workflow.
Vuo's other features include:
- Real-time interaction using audio input, MIDI, OSC, and Art-Net DMX integration, or Kinect and Leap Motion device input
- Sharing visuals with other Mac apps through Syphon
- High-quality video export and interactive recording
- Exporting compositions as Mac apps
- CPU and GPU performance optimizations, including automatic multi-threading, compilation to machine code, and shader-based OpenGL
- Support for new users (https://vuo.org/start), including video tutorials
Version 1.2 is our latest release, and a free demo version is available. Click on the Version above for details.
Our vision is that by using Vuo, you will able to input and manipulate sound/audio, video, motion capture, hardware signals or data feeds in just about any way you can think of – from quick prototypes to final production. You will be able to create stand-alone Vuo apps and interface Vuo compositions with other multimedia tools.
A copy of Vuo costs $49, A copy of Vuo Pro (nodes for stereoscopic rendering, Art-Net, projection mesh, and fisheye camera; Antialiasing and motion blur when exporting movies; dark interface mode) costs $149.
Vuo has a proprietary license, but an open source version is available, which lags the current release by one year.