MacKeeper-icon MacKeeper by jthelwell

A very nice program. I use a laptop, so the anti-theft feature is a great thing. I used to pay $50 a year for LoJack, but it's built in here.

iTunes-icon iTunes by deef

Wow. iTunes 11 opens much faster on my 2008 iMac.

RarMachine-icon RarMachine by dotjsber

WAS a great app but has recently stopped existing.. Can't find any trace of the developer... No Lion support.... And the last version I have, 2.0, seems to be a real cpu hog compared to other (un)compressors. (try extracting a password protected rar-file and wait to enter password, see cpu going crazy, using like 177% just while waiting :p)
I really liked the simpleness of the user interface and the capability to compress RAR files
Recently came across an app called "Entropy". Very nice app, actively developed, (un)compresses a whole lot of filetypes (like 30), nice ui and a lot cheaper 19$ in stead of 8$+29$rarLicence
Think I'll be switching :)

FFXporter-icon FFXporter by iforgot in reply to threestain

@threestain Yes... finally.

VMware View Client-icon VMware View Client by chris0401

new version available since 2012/12/13

Name Mangler-icon Name Mangler by gaffer

Used to be good when it was a free app called FileList.
Used to also be good when it was free up to version 2
Ever since the devs got greedy and started charging for it it's steadily got worse and worse.
A common problem is either the GUI freezing or it making Finder freeze when you try to drag and drop files into it.
If they do open it takes ages.
Not impressed so deleted...

...there are plenty of paid and free alternatives out there that work much better than this.

RToolDS-icon RToolDS by gaffer

The only native intel based app (32-bit) that works for OS X.
Unfortunately it is no longer being developed by the author (last version released 2010) but at least it runs on my ML MBP and even though the app itself is not being developed, the database has been kept fairly up to date (only 2 more recent roms won't show artwork for instance).

Rominator-icon Rominator by gaffer

Great app when it used to work, but unfortunately hasn't been updated since 2008 with the author having stopped all ongoing development.
As it is a PowerPC architecture app, the last version won't run at all since Apple stopped Rosetta support - so no PowerPC apps run natively since OS X Lion.
I am using Mountain Lion so have had to delete this app (yes, I could run it in a virtual environment using Snow Leopard but that's a hassle to set up - I just want something that runs "as is" on my OS).
An alternative which is also not actively being developed is RToolDS (last version released 2010) . ..but at least it runs on intel chips on Lion and Mountain Lion.

In Summary: Rominator was 5 stars when it worked, but it's now dead development wise with no intel version planned :(

PDF Password Remover Mac-icon PDF Password Remover Mac by johnnysmith

This AST pdf password remover for mac os is worth having a try.

Application Wizard-icon Application Wizard by mabasoft

Version 3.3.3 addresses minor compatibility issues and solves some bugs.

Page 21 of 2077. 20766 entries.