Keyboard Maestro-icon Keyboard Maestro by bigruss

Change the time from 1.5 seconds to .5 seconds. In the Categories section click on INTERFACE CONTROL. In the center, double click on MOVE OR CLICK MOUSE. This action will show up in the right window. You need to make 4 changes here. Where it says CLICK, click on it and change it to DOUBLE CLICK. Where it says FRONT WINDOW'S TOP LEFT CENTER click on it and change it to CURRENT MOUSE LOCATION. And as a CyA, click on bot box that says RESTORE MOUSE LOCATION.

Your KEM now does a double click when you press the top right mouse button.

go to part 4

Keyboard Maestro-icon Keyboard Maestro by bigruss

You will be using this option for all the track ball functions to work. Notice the blue box that shows up and says NONE. While it is blue, press the button that is the top right button of the track ball, or any button you want to become a double click on the Kensington Expert Mouse, (KEM). The word NONE is replaced with USB/PS2 WHEEL MOUSE BUTTON 5. Now, YOU ARE NOT DONE! Just to the right, is a double arrow and next to it are the words that say IS PRESSED. Click on the words and change them to IS RELEASED. OK, you now have a button on the Expert Mouse programed, but it is doing nothing. Now you need to do your first action. The first action must be a PAUSE. If you don't put one, KBM sometimes does not work. To put a pause in, click on the DISPLAY HIDE ACTION LIST plus sign at the bottom right plus sign. On the left, click on the folder called CONTROL FLOW. The list of actions the first item is PAUSE. double click it.

Go to part 3

Keyboard Maestro-icon Keyboard Maestro by bigruss

Load and launch Keyboard Maestro. (KBM). Launch the editor. The bug with Keyboard Maestro is you need to put a pause in between each command. I use a .5 second command. IN ADDITION, when you want to type text of some kind, do not tell Keyboard Maestro to paste in the text, have it TYPE it in. You get that option. If you follow both my rules above, your expert mouse pro will work.

I will offer an example to make the button at the top right of the track ball a double click. I am not a TEC writer, so I will do my best. Launch KBM. First click on the bottom left plus sign to add a Group. Rename it to MACROS FOR ALL PROGRAMS. Create a shortcut with KBM by clicking the center plus sign for ADD MACRO. Give it a name. I called mine DOUBLE CLICK. If you look closely you will see a green plus sign with the command NEW TRIGGER. Click it to open a pull down menu. The second from the bottom option is DEVICE TRIGGER.

GO part 3

Keyboard Maestro-icon Keyboard Maestro by bigruss

The Kensington Expert Mouse PRO and Lion do work together. Including all 6 DIRECT LAUNCH buttons, and the 4 mouse buttons around the track ball. I haven't figured out how to get the scroll wheel to work, but that can most likely work as well. You do NOT need the Kensington software in order to make it work either. My solution was to use Keyboard Maestro purchased from their web site.

First a note about Keyboard Maestro. To run correctly, it can't be sandboxes. You need to purchase it directly from the developer. They are www.stairways.com.

Second, the Kensington does fully work, all buttons, but Keyboard Maestro is a bit buggy, but I have work arounds, so you will get the Expert Mouse pro working just fine.

See part 2

Caffeine-icon Caffeine by dehory

Retina icons here: http://macthemes.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16812443

MacX DVD Ripper Pro -icon MacX DVD Ripper Pro by billysilin

The app is pretty much perfect for what I'm looking to do at the moment! I really appreciate its fast ripping speed so that I don't need to spend time waiting for the conversion.
On the other hand, the software has limited editing tools, and its preview function seems a bit useless.

QuickPick-icon QuickPick by sethwillits

Launchpad in Lion is quite different and far more limited. You have very little control over anything in Launchpad. It really is a terrible solution for anyone with more than a dozen applications. I'm sure by now you've discovered that.

TunesTEXT-icon TunesTEXT by fontgoddess

RIP, TunesTEXT. Still displays lyrics, but no longer fetches them.
from the developer's website:
"Today, I stopped development of TunesTEXT. I'll no longer update this software.
Thanks for all your feedback. Thanks for your cheers.
And I'm sorry for causing inconvenience to you. At present, TunesTEXT 0.8.18 can't search lyrics on Metrolyrics or SING365.com. However, I won't fix this probrem. Sorry again.
Nov 13, 2012 -- Cyan.K"

Textmate-icon Textmate by thraxmanius

The best editor I have ever used. It gets used everyday and I am always learning something new about it.

AlienConverter-icon AlienConverter by thraxmanius

This looked like the application I was looking for, but no matter what I ried to convert it didn't do a good job. HTML to DOC or DOCX had word stating it was an unknown format. At least you can try it for free.

Page 25 of 2078. 20771 entries.